Talk

Advanced search

Comfy alternatives to converse..?

(18 Posts)
laurzj82 Sat 18-Mar-17 08:19:36

I really like the spring blossom converse range in office but I had a pair of converse before and they killed my feet. I ended up giving them to charity shop. The shoes, not my feet grin

Anyone know of a comfier alternative for my fat wide feet?

Afishcalledchips Sat 18-Mar-17 08:23:07

People on here in the past recommend superga as being much comfier, but I've not tried them. I've started to wear Nike trainers, for my sins. But they are so comfy. Don't go with a dress and leggings in the same way as good old cons, but look ok with skinny jeans - hope!

Afishcalledchips Sat 18-Mar-17 08:24:45

ink{http://www.sportsdirect.com/nike-downshifter-7-ladies-trainers-271063?colcode=27106326\www.sportsdirect.com/nike-downshifter-7-ladies-trainers-271063?colcode=2710632]]6}

Afishcalledchips Sat 18-Mar-17 08:26:21

Sorry, Nike

Summerisdone Sat 18-Mar-17 08:43:16

I've always found vans to be comfy and not too different from converse in the way they will go with pretty much most casual clothing

BikeRunSki Sat 18-Mar-17 08:58:30

I must be the only person with wide feet who gets on with Converse. Maybe because I am a size 9 and have to wear more manly sizes? Anyway, I also have Supergas, but prefer the fit on Cons. But have you seen these Clark's? (Bear with me) I have very similar from last season in silver and love them! Although i normally need a wide fit in Clark's these (and the ones I have) are only available in standard fit, which fits fine in this style.

Clark's pastel sneakers

ontherightpath Sat 18-Mar-17 11:58:31

I had the same problem with converse (and vans) as my feet are very wide. I now have some Adidas gazelles and they are really comfy and don't squash my toes at all, even after a full day of walking. Generally I find suede and leather are better for wide feet as it tends to stretch a bit after a few wears, whereas canvas never seems to stretch at all.

kneesupfatty Sat 18-Mar-17 15:30:10

I've also given up with Converse as have wide feet and they rub across my toes. I've recently bought a pair of Rocket Dogs and love them - they're much wider and like wearing slippers. I also like the look of the metallic Supergas so am planning to try a pair of those when I get paid next week.

Madbengalmum Sat 18-Mar-17 15:33:41

Superga are more comfy than converse.

AmethystRaven Sat 18-Mar-17 15:35:23

I got some Dunlops from Sports Direct just because I liked the colour and they are much comfier than my converse (and cheaper at 14.99!)

QueenofLouisiana Sat 18-Mar-17 16:05:56

I'm a Superga fan- can't get on with Converse at all.

PNGirl Sat 18-Mar-17 19:20:46

I'm mainly a proper sporty trainers girl (bought New Balance and Nike Airs today!) but my Superga are comfortable as are Vans slip-ons.

busyboysmum Sat 18-Mar-17 19:23:42

I got some Ugg cream suede trainers in the sales. They are super comfy. I've never got on with superga or converse. Too flat and unsupportive for me.

I also love Nike Air. And have some silver New Balance which are v comfy.

busyboysmum Sat 18-Mar-17 19:25:58

www.ugg.com/uk/eyan-ii/1011223S.html?dwvar_1011223S_color=WWL#srule=price-ascending&sz=12&start=010&cgid=women-outlet

UpdateRequired Sat 18-Mar-17 19:34:27

I am coveting these at the moment. Obviously haven't got them yet, trying to decide if they're worth the risk and the price! <off to search for reviews>
www.shoeembassy.com/woman/bambi-blackbird

OldJoseph Sat 18-Mar-17 19:43:54

Have seen some canvas pumps in Hotter...I'm tempted but would love to know if anyone else has tried them?

AwwOlgaICannot Sat 18-Mar-17 19:44:08

I'm presuming when you say Converse that you mean Chuck Taylors? I find them horrid and narrow but switched to Converse Jack Purcells a few years ago and they are in a different league for comfort. They have leather padded insoles and a lovely bump toe and are a much better width fitting. A much better quality shoe all around imo. They're slightly more pricey than Chucks but absolutely worth it.

KanyesVest Sat 18-Mar-17 20:05:21

I'm another fan of the Ugg trainers, i have a grey suede pair that I've worn all year round

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now