I need a trouser intervention.

(7 Posts)
IvyLeagueUnderTheSea Fri 17-Mar-17 21:55:58

Please be kind. You S and B lot scare the shit out of me.

To start with I will confess that I am fat and 40. I like, no really I do even if you don't, Fat Face, White Stuff, Joules etc.

I'm currently living in Fat Face 5 pocket jeggings, which I have moved onto from leggings. I don't do jeans.
I'm feeling that the jeggings aren't doing me any favours but being large or arse and thigh I find it very hard to find anything that fits and is comfortable.

So, what do I want? Please remember that I have thighs that could kill a man. Nothing ever fits them.

OohNoDooEy Fri 17-Mar-17 21:58:03

Dresses are your friend

IvyLeagueUnderTheSea Fri 17-Mar-17 22:00:42

I've got loads of dresses. I want some trousers too.

BeBesideTheSea Fri 17-Mar-17 22:03:00

Ditto. I am loving these - www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/m/women/plus-size/lamledra_trousers_aquatic.htm

Truckingalong Sat 18-Mar-17 08:06:54

Harem trousers?

dudsville Sat 18-Mar-17 08:10:44

Try a pair of Not Your Daughter's Jeans. They aren't cheap but you should be able to find a pair on sale for around £70 to try. They are a US brand so you have to work out sizing. I'm a uk 14 so I buy a 10 in these but some cuts I'd go higher and some cuts lower. Most comfortable things aside from leggings.

Rinceoir Sat 18-Mar-17 08:13:01

I am small of waist and enormous of arse/thigh. I find it really hard to get trousers. I often buy a larger size for thighs and have the waist taken in. For jeggings/skinny jeans a good thick fabric is key in my opinion- I like topshop Jamies. I've also found that cigarette pants with the right waist (mid-high waist) can be very flattering once altered for my waist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now