Talk

Advanced search

fashion for the top-light and bottom-heavy

(2 Posts)
dodi1978 Fri 17-Mar-17 20:41:18

I am a size 16. Problem is that I am not very well endowed in the boob area, and rather wide in the bottom and thighs.

It is so difficult to find clothes that fit.

Coats. Often in a very straight cut. Need to take size 18 for them to have any chance to fit around the bottom, but then they are massively to wide around the shoulders. Looks awful. All I want is something that has / gives a bit of shape, tugs my waist in and has enough "give" in the bottom area for me to be able to sit down.

Jeans!!! Why are 3/4 of the world's jeans skinny jeans? Not a chance. Equally, "sits low on the waist" is a complete no-no to me. Tried some Sainsburys ones a few days ago (you'd think Sainsburys caters to average slightly overweight Joanne). Nope, not a chance. What I need is a straight cut, mid or high waist (mid works sometimes, but not always), with stretch.

Do you have any recommendations on brands that might fit and don't burst the bank?

Rant over.

Karlakitten1 Fri 17-Mar-17 21:08:32

Dorothy perkins jeans are good, I'm similar to you in size and shape and find their jeggings nice. Asda jeggings are good too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now