Talk

Advanced search

Wrinkled (in)soles in leather sandals. would this bother you?

(7 Posts)
likewhatevs Fri 17-Mar-17 16:43:17

I just bought these www.rocketoriginals.co.uk/1940s-and-1950s-green-suede-vintage-wedge-sandals
I have been hankering after a pair of low wedge retro style ankle strapped sandals like these forever (actually the mustard pair, but they go with precisely nothing I own and for that price I needed something I could wear a lot) and I sold quite a few items to pay for them.
I love them. They are exactly what I wanted and they fit perfectly.
However they are all wrinkled on the footbed (see photos). Are they supposed to be like that? They are real leather. Is it reasonable to query it? I've emailed them but not heard back just yet. If in the future, I wanted to resell them (I do this a lot when I get bored of shoes) I don't think anyone would want them like this, especially as I'd be wearing them barefooted a lot.

I'm a bit clueless. These are brand new shoes though and I've never seen that happen before.

Fresta Fri 17-Mar-17 22:24:04

I'd say they are meant to be like that. I have some similar and the leather insole is very soft and slightly padded. Very nice to the foot! Just a feature of the natural leather.

neveradullmoment99 Fri 17-Mar-17 22:50:31

They look ok to me. Just the leather?

neveradullmoment99 Fri 17-Mar-17 22:51:13

Are you really going to see it anyway? Your foot will be on most of it! grin

neveradullmoment99 Fri 17-Mar-17 22:52:11

They are lovely shoes btw!

PNGirl Sat 18-Mar-17 08:13:18

That's the natural grain of the leather.

likewhatevs Mon 20-Mar-17 11:47:11

Thanks for the replies. No it can't be seen. And they are lovely and soft. I'm querying because they don't look like this in any of the stock pics and if I want to resell I want to know that its not actually a fault. (rocket originals haven't gotten back to me yet)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now