Talk

Advanced search

Arbonne - anything worth buying?

(17 Posts)
Unusualllly Fri 17-Mar-17 16:32:35

As title suggests. Just been invited to a Arbonne party. I always end up spending so much at these parties, never been to Arbonne one though. So anything really good?

Clickncollect Fri 17-Mar-17 21:37:09

Proceed with caution...the parties are often a way if trying to get people to sign up for the business opportunity (pyramid selling!) rather than the products.
The products seem quite overpriced from what I've seen but might be ok, in fairness.

BoBaraMoMara Fri 17-Mar-17 21:39:40

Run away! Run away!

TweeBoredWorrier Fri 17-Mar-17 21:41:46

I wouldn't go. As pp said, it'll be heavy on the business thing. The white Mercedes etc

ohlittlepea Fri 17-Mar-17 21:41:59

Oh god. Run and hide. Do not go!

Glossolalia Fri 17-Mar-17 21:43:30

Fuck that! Seriously do not go.

FinallyHere Fri 17-Mar-17 22:38:09

Nope.

HTH

9GreenBottles Fri 17-Mar-17 22:54:03

There will be hard sell, and if you still decide to go, the primer is fabulous, and the RE9 skincare is excellent. I've been using it for 4 years. A lot of the products are expensive and not worth it but I do think the primer and re9 are worth the money if you compare with other department store brands. See if you can get samples to try (but be prepared for a lot of follow up)

dailystuck71 Sat 18-Mar-17 07:08:07

I gave my number to a rep for arbonne and she called daily. I didn't know how to block her number so she became arbonne woman on my phone.

I'd seriously not go. It's not virgin vie or body shop. It's more like the aloe thing that's running now. Pyramid schemes. They just want to sign you up to sell.

Unusualllly Sat 18-Mar-17 07:28:48

Eek i have been warned!! It's tonight, i will still go and have a laugh with my friends but make sure I don't drink too much so don't get suckered in. Maybe even leave my purse at home too.

dailystuck71 Sun 19-Mar-17 08:55:01

How did it go?

Unusualllly Sun 19-Mar-17 09:43:34

There was a PowerPoint presentation!! White Mercedes talked about and lots of sales talk.
Then a make up demonstration on one of the girls and lots of bottles to smell/try. Stuff looked really good but way too pricey. I bought a mascara (3 x my normal price but i have a wedding coming up so it's a treat to me). I left before i was roped into becoming a sales rep myself, sorry a 'area manager'!

RockyBird Sun 19-Mar-17 09:46:35

I'm sure I learned on here that the reps get loans from Arbonne for their Mercs so they're a con too.

NeverTwerkNaked Sun 19-Mar-17 09:51:28

I was about to warn you that if you went to the party. they would try and recruit you into the pyramid.

selling the products is just seen as step one in the plan to suck you in to joining their pyramid.

Www.facebook.com/timelessvie for info, spoof humour, and links to other resources!

NeverTwerkNaked Sun 19-Mar-17 09:52:45

Yeah they do get loans for their cars (in all the pyramid cons) and then get immensely stressed trying to hit the targets they need to hit to pay for them. It's awful! And they have to keep lying and claiming they make lots of money in order to recruit more people in the hope that they will actually start making at least enough money to cover their costs!

Clickncollect Sun 19-Mar-17 09:53:43

Glad you escaped (relatively) unscathed!

NeverTwerkNaked Sun 19-Mar-17 09:54:03

Many also get into debt buying stock themselves in order to hit targets

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now