Talk

Advanced search

Lightweight, waterproof natural looking foundation as my eyes permanently run.

(13 Posts)
Artyfarty555 Fri 17-Mar-17 14:09:07

I really struggle with my eyes that are constantly running. If l wear foundation to go out l end up with a stripey face... so l usually wear a very light hardly there look!! But l would love to find a foundation that is light and natural but actually stays on and is waterproof. Any suggestions. Thanks

Wellhellothere1 Fri 17-Mar-17 16:57:32

I'm probably telling you what you already know but maybe you have blocked tear ducts so if you get to the bottom of why they are blocked you wouldn't need to switch foundations. I've got the same but the watering stopped when I stopped applying oils, serums and creams near my eyes. I think I blocked my tear ducts initially by applying castor oil to my eyelashes at night as I read somewhere this makes them thicker and longer. blush

doughnutobssession Fri 17-Mar-17 20:17:49

Have you seen the trick with baby powder? This seems to make make up waterproof to an extent. youtu.be/EEUnOu4SsMc

Artyfarty555 Fri 17-Mar-17 21:43:52

Yes think I do have blocked tear ducts but after reading the operation needed to sort it out , I'm a bit apprehensive. My eyes are dreadful and run with tears especially outside. As a teacher I've had a constant " 0h , are you ok? Why are you're eyes wet!?' Anyone had the operation?

Wellhellothere1 Fri 17-Mar-17 22:15:14

My colleague had an consultant ophthalmologist try to unblock them with a needle type instrument (ie not the operation). It didn't work! She waited 8 months for a referral on the NHS. Not sure how much it would cost to go private.

Deathraystare Sat 18-Mar-17 17:39:19

I went to see if my tear ducts were blocked. Luckily I had already read up on it so wasn't that surprised when the doctor approached me with a needle to go in my eye!!

Not blocked tear ducts so I am still a runny eyed person. It doesn't matter if I wear make up or not. I have avoided powder since then. I now just use a BB or CC cream with a tint but have soe good lasting foundations - Tarte (the one in the brown tube, Revlon Colourstay) for when I go out. Mostly always waterproof mascara and pencil liner.

littleoldladywho Sat 18-Mar-17 17:47:44

Dd1 is the same. They did the test thing with the orange dye and she's not entirely blocked on one side, so we haven't really followed up. She only wears makeup on the stage, so it's trowelled on, and just uses waterproof everything. It's not a 'light, fresh' look lol... She just doesn't bother the rest of the time.
Glorious pita when she was younger though. I've lost count of how many times we have had to remove everything and start again as her eyes would stream all the while we were trying to get her makeup on for the shows. We had to literally do a smash and grab type affair with a dab of make-up and immediate strategically applied tissue corner. Took hours to get the requisite amount of slap on, and don't talk to me about the damned eyelashes. Nightmare.

JennyHolzersGhost Sat 18-Mar-17 17:52:41

This may be a stupid question but are you sure it's not hayfever ?

Deathraystare Sun 19-Mar-17 07:54:53

I think mine is (year round) hayfever mixed with waiting at windy bus stops. I think my glasses make it worse if anything!

Ledkr Sun 19-Mar-17 08:30:11

Mine did this for a bit. It was "dry eye" sorted out easily with some eye ointment. I coujd by leave the house without holding a tissue 😰

thethoughtfox Sun 19-Mar-17 10:54:49

Mac do a lovely waterproof one but make sure they don't give you the Waterweight one instead.

FitbitAddict Sun 19-Mar-17 16:21:35

I have this too, when outside. I wear sunglasses a lot and that helps. I often touch up around my eyes when I get to work as most of it has come off on a tissue. My nose runs too. Later in the day it's much better, I think I acclimatise!

wecantallbeperfect Sun 19-Mar-17 17:20:55

I had this for years, but it wasn't blocked tear ducts, it was dry eyes. I now have Lacri Lube, bought over the counter from the chemist. Honestly I had tried everything, I've lost count of how many foundations, eye shadows etc I have thrown believing they were irritating my eyes.
It is like a paste, I put it in at bedtime. From the first use my eyes stopped running and I haven't had a problem since.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now