Talk

Advanced search

Swimwear help

(1 Post)
GinAndOnIt Fri 17-Mar-17 10:55:14

I never seem to get this right, and always end every summer by saying 'next year I'll get a better swimsuit' but never do.

I've got lots of brightly coloured bikinis from when I used to holiday abroad, but that doesn't happen very often anymore, and I tend to spend most summers swimming/lounging by PIL's outdoor pool instead. Skimpy bikinis just feel a bit bare in this country on a standard Wednesday in the summer. Add to that, there's generally farmers driving in and out of PIL's garden which, although they can't see me if I'm in the pool, if I decide to wander over to the strawberries or go and get a drink, I feel I should get dressed before I do.

So, I think I need a swimsuit that covers me up a bit more, but I don't want to look completely shapeless. I can't seem to suit a swimming costume due to having long legs but a very short torso - plus if I've just eaten, my belly sticks out further than my boobs confused so I end up looking like an 8 year old.

What are my options? Tankini? Bikini with more of a sports bra top? Are there nice swimming costumes out there and I've maybe tried not so flattering ones?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now