Talk

Advanced search

What percentage of your clothes do you love?

(22 Posts)
Pingsmum80 Thu 16-Mar-17 21:25:08

Just been through my wardrobe.

Too many impulse buys.

Also I'm a bargain hunter and end up with stuff that I don't love because it was cheap. I can never justify spending a lot on myself so always settle for the cheap version that I don't really love, doesn't quite fit etc

I need to stop visiting TK Maxx in my lunch break......

Notreallyhappy Thu 16-Mar-17 21:32:35

Probably 20%. I'd like to throw them out and start again. Most of my dresses are similar style. Very boring.

elephantcuddles Thu 16-Mar-17 21:41:25

I love a good bit of it, maybe 80%. I don't like most of the White Stuff things I have except 2 things. I'm one of those people that takes forever to actually buy something.
I love TK Maxx and the American version TJ Maxx but have bad luck on their website when I order stuff. Have a big return to make there. Think I need to stick with only in store purchases from them.

Judydreamsofhorses Thu 16-Mar-17 21:59:48

I don't buy anything I don't love, but there are definitely things in there that I am tired of - particularly work stuff. I'm really fed up with winter stuff, and desperate to vacuum pack heavy jumpers, take coats to the dry cleaner then store them away. That's a job for the Easter holidays.

showmeislands Thu 16-Mar-17 23:05:38

That I actually love, probably about 20%, if that. I have a lot of stuff that is kept because it's good enough / still fits. Or that I need as basic stuff for work etc but it's not anything i'm excited to wear.

Losgunna Thu 16-Mar-17 23:11:16

I would say about 60-70%. Of that only about 20% actually fits because my weight has shot up in the last year or so. I'm working on getting it back down so I can wear the rest of my nice clothes

shitgibbon Thu 16-Mar-17 23:12:40

Now, all of them. I got rid of everything I didn't love and it's so much easier to get dressed in the morning.

BusterGonad Fri 17-Mar-17 06:35:07

Oh goodness, at this moment in time I love about 90%, but I'm like Losgunna at the moment and some of it doesn't fit so well as I've put on a bit of timber in my new sedentary lifestyle, which is due to change! I just can't wait to wear all my clothes when I start working again! So many gorgeous dresses and suede boots. I'm excited just thinking about it all!!! 😂

RebelandaStunner Fri 17-Mar-17 09:40:00

80%+
I don't really love some of my work clothes, but I'm not getting rid while they are still in good condition and fit for purpose.
I stopped impulse buying and​ had a big sort out years ago. Now I'm​ really fussy and rarely buy mistakes.
I'm inspired by the 5 piece French wardrobe. You buy basics plus only 5 carefully chosen things per season.

MumBod Fri 17-Mar-17 09:44:25

About 40%

I've started selling my impulse buys on eBay. It's quite satisfying. I also feel less guilty if I manage to claw back some cash to spend on more clothes

WavingNotDrowning Fri 17-Mar-17 09:54:45

close to 100% but I've just ruthlessly weeded my wardrobe. Am resolved to just buy lovely things that I love now. (Still slip up from time to time <eyes up leather midi skirt>

LiquoriceWheel Fri 17-Mar-17 10:02:04

About 5% (you said LOVE)

Gah81 Fri 17-Mar-17 10:14:42

I love about 70%. Over the last few years I've slowly got rid of things I haven't worn in ages...but I haven't changed size or shape over the last 15 or so years so there's some really very old stuff in there that I still wear but am a bit bored of now. I have taken some to the charity shop recently but there's other stuff in there that has such good memories I am loath to get rid of any of it.

Gah81 Fri 17-Mar-17 10:15:46

p.s. WavingNotDrowning I don't see a leather midi skirt as a slip up grin I use mine a LOT, get loads of wear out of it smile

Itsnothingoriginal Fri 17-Mar-17 10:19:26

Getting close to 70% now I'd say thanks to an almost complete cull over the last year or so grin

I have 3 items that I really love - a Joules blazer, a Hobbs jumper and a Jaeger shirt. Because I know now what suits me and I'm buying less but better quality clothes I feel I'm getting there with my wardrobe!

I'd love to ebay the 30% I don't like but don't think any of it would sell!!

MyHairIsMyHair Fri 17-Mar-17 15:06:45

I reckon about 50% but...

I'm currently breastfeeding, wearing a uniform of hand-me-down bf tops and hand-me-down boden shirts. As a result I am looking wistfully at my real clothes.

Fighting conflicting desires to wear my nice clothes vs try for another baby...

WavingNotDrowning Fri 17-Mar-17 18:56:15

Really how do you wear it gah? I bought mine after seeing a picture of Sharon Horgan in one with a Bella Freud jumper. I bought both things and wear the jumper all the time. Maybe I'll wear it more when I can wear bare legs.

Gah81 Fri 17-Mar-17 22:05:16

Either with a loose fine knit sweater tucked in (casual) fully or just at the front, with ankle boots or for work I tuck in a very simple blouse (I should point out that my skirt is high-waisted and pencil slim) or polo neck and then for play I tuck in a slightly more revealing blouse grin

What is the one you are thinking of getting like?

mowglik Fri 17-Mar-17 23:57:17

Really love I would say 5%, like is probably more like 70% (I really should get rid of the 30%
I don't like!)

chanie44 Sat 18-Mar-17 07:39:07

I love about 80% of my wardrobe. I've spent the last few years replacing my whole wardrobe and now I only buy stuff I love.

Hellmouth Sat 18-Mar-17 09:08:38

I think about 50%. I'm planning on going through all my clothes soon as there are loads I don't wear anymore, but sometimes I think that's because I automatically go for the closest item :D

TheTurnOfTheScrew Sat 18-Mar-17 09:15:00

love? maybe 10%

I spend 4 days a week in a job with some tricky dress requirements. No jeans/trainers/sportswear, no suits/business wear either, nothing revealing, everything must go with flat shoes. A good whack of my wardrobe is therefore boring trousers/tops that I absolutely wouldn't wear on my days off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now