Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me some jewellery please!

(4 Posts)
LadyOfTheCanyon Thu 16-Mar-17 19:12:54

Hi all
I know jewellery is a VERY broad church, but I've been a left a small amount of money and would like to buy a necklace or a bracelet. Budget about £300.

I like gold
I like small delicate pieces like Alex Monroe and I like larger more statementy pieces like Lara Bohinc
I don't mind vintage but I like modern
Not too keen on diamonds

Could you lovely people recommend me some places to look, either physically or online? I always fall back on the same designers and I need to know about some new ones!
TIA.

OCSockOrphanage Thu 16-Mar-17 20:51:56

Google Monsieur Paris. I saw a bangle I would love to own at about that price from there, and from your description of style and budget, you might like their aesthetic. Hope this helps...

fedupandnogin Thu 16-Mar-17 21:07:58

Find a small independent designer maker by visiting a local gallery or a proper contemporary craft fair (not a village hall type craft fair) showing the work of contemporary professional makers. There are some very talented jewellers around. I love Victoria Walker, Emily Thatcher, Maya Selway, Sarah Herriot, Sue Lane, Yen Jewellery and Tine Bladbjerg. But there are so many and I think it's nice to meet the maker and have some sort of connection with them.

LadyOfTheCanyon Thu 16-Mar-17 21:11:41

Lots of things to google there- thank you both!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now