Talk

Advanced search

fake tan?

(7 Posts)
Char22thom Thu 16-Mar-17 14:59:54

Am looking for some tabbing product that I can use over the coming warmer months, I am naturally quite pale so nothing too orange!! I am happy to spend a bit on good products, but need recommendations! Any advice? X

BrightNewLife Fri 17-Mar-17 23:54:59

Saint Tropez or Rimmel. Neither are orange.

I'm dazzling white and the ST mousse is amazing. Don't go for the "wash off", do the real tan. Go for the lighter shade. Use a mitt. If you still get slightly tanned hands, use any old exfoliator to scrub off.

Before I do the tan I build up with a tinted all over body moisturiser in the days beforehand to start to get the glow. A basic brand like Mixa or L'Oreal will do the job (sorry, I don't live in England but you know what I mean).

The Rimmel tanning mousse really good too, just as good as Saint Tropez, less expensive.

Years of covering pasty white legs led me to find the perfect solution!

DO exfoliate beforehand.
DO work fairly quickly when applying - it will look really dark when you put it on, just keep going in even streaks.
DO cover everywhere, methodically (in front of a mirror starkers is best!)
D0 wait a bit before getting dressed.
DO expect it to run off a bit in the shower in the days after
Do top up with moisturiser in the days after and you'll look fab!
Do team it with a facial bronzer too to match :-)

Ellapaella Sat 18-Mar-17 09:43:04

I second the St Tropez mousse. I have used virtually every single fake tan over the years and this remains my favourite, the least orange, doesn't go patchy and doesn't smell. It also lasts well. Xen Tan do a good one as well but it still not as good as St Tropez. I know lots of people vouch for cheaper versions but I've never found one as good as this.

LoupGarou Sat 18-Mar-17 13:00:56

The best one I've ever found is the Garnier summer body one. I have very sensitive skin and its fine for me, even though its lightly fragranced (smells of apricots as has apricot extract). I have olive-ish skin and use it from time to time to stop me looking drained, but pale skinned friends love it too, a light coat looks really natural.

I found this review helpful when I was considering buying it... thefreckleprincess.blogspot.ca/2012/08/gradual-tan-review-garnier-body-summer.html

WhooooAmI24601 Sat 18-Mar-17 13:35:19

Clarins do tan drops you mix with your normal moisturiser that are great - practically impossible to get wrong, too. They do ones specifically for your face, too, so you can go lighter or darker depending on how often you use it.

For full-on tan Bondi Sands mousse is lovely and lasts a good 7 days.

whitesklyer Sat 18-Mar-17 14:01:42

Im a big fan of Coco Brown. Cheap as chips - Primark. But can't fault it once you scrub and dab moisturiser on elbows, wrists, fingers, knees and ankles. It wears off gradually - lufs it!

Northernmum100 Sat 18-Mar-17 15:16:32

I second all of the things on BrightNewLife's DO list but prefer the St Tropez shower one. I have tried the Rimmel shower version too but found it patchy so am going to buy the St Tropez one again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now