Talk

Advanced search

Brazilian blow dry

(6 Posts)
Bigfootedmamma Thu 16-Mar-17 14:24:39

Hello, has anyone had one done? Are they awful for your hair? I am sick of looking frizzy and feeling unkempt! I have curly, frizzy hair that I barely have time to run the straighteners through as I have a 20 month old. Opinions welcomed! Thank you! smile

Babymamamama Thu 16-Mar-17 14:27:12

I had it done a few times. It doesn't last as long as Japanese straightening but it really depends how straight you want to go. And how permanent. I would go for a reputable hairdresser as well rather than a random groupon deal.

Bigfootedmamma Thu 16-Mar-17 14:28:40

Thank you Babymamamama. Will have a look at Japanese straightening too.

Babymamamama Thu 16-Mar-17 14:33:05

When my DD was little I did Japanese it was fantastic as I could wash and go. Literally. But now I'm on a break from it as it does take a toll on the hair after a while. Maybe start with Brazilian and work up from there?

Aridane Thu 16-Mar-17 14:33:12

I have found random Groupon deals excellent!

They bond keratin to the hair and help with condition and shine and can be used on coloured hair.

As pp say, they don't make poker straight - but does de frizz and make more manageable.

You might want to go for a free consultation to get a realistic idea of what to expect with your type of hair.

Aridane Thu 16-Mar-17 14:35:45

PS The permanent Japanese straightening is awesome - it doesn't fade, just regrowth.

I used to cycle into work with freshly washed hair and it would try poker straight. Alas, cannot have it done any more as hair is coloured.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now