Talk

Advanced search

Outfit suggestions for air travel and arrival at posh hotel!!!

(10 Posts)
yohoohoo Thu 16-Mar-17 11:58:17

We are off to Spain to a lovely 5* hotel with some friends. What should I wear to travel in and arrive in - was thinking blue blazer, white trousers? flat loafers?

yohoohoo Thu 16-Mar-17 12:24:56

Or dress and jacket?

eclipse16 Thu 16-Mar-17 12:29:48

I wouldn't advise white trousers on a plane. Although that's just because I'm quite clumsy and also aeroplane seats are filthy!
How about a nice pashmina? I always think they smarten up an outfit and you can wrap yourself around it on the plane if it's cold

Bluntness100 Thu 16-Mar-17 12:31:51

I've flown in white skinnies many times, unless you're really mucky it's fine, and your outfit sounds great.

I wouldn't wear a dress though. I would also say that no matter how posh the hotel, just dressing casually is fine, you will find most people do.

TearGas Thu 16-Mar-17 12:55:56

Google 'Pinterest travel outfits' - loads of great ideas & inspiration - a couple I like below

dailystuck71 Thu 16-Mar-17 13:33:26

joggers and a t-shirt. No need to get dressed up. Honestly, 2 hours in the air and you will look like a crumpled mess.

ZaraW Thu 16-Mar-17 13:56:06

I don't know anyone who dresses up when staying at nice hotels or travelling just wear your usual clothes

user1471545174 Thu 16-Mar-17 20:13:15

If you see celebs travelling they are never out of black/grey, and jeans. Just add sunglasses and takeaway coffee.

BrightNewLife Fri 17-Mar-17 23:46:37

If this is a treat, I think its nice to have a chance to get your posher clothes out and wear something a bit spesh, and enjoy the occasion!

My ex-husband had a serious penchant for 5* luxury hotels (now bankrupt ha ha). Although I agree not everyone dresses up in these places, still a lot of people do; Spain (Madrid etc) can be pretty smart so you won't feel out of place if you do.

Your outfit idea sounds perfect for the occasion! Personally I like to dress more smartly when I travel to feel more polished when I arrive.

If I go away without the dcs, I also see it as a chance to get my nicer clothes out and generally get more of a sense of occasion out of the whole event!

2014newme Fri 17-Mar-17 23:53:35

Bless you. It's not the 1950s when people thought air travel was glam just weat what's comfortable. Blazers aren't required. Have a great time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now