Talk

Advanced search

Lindy Bop Abigail - Do you have this dress?

(13 Posts)
ToastyFingers Thu 16-Mar-17 09:00:28

Long story short, dp and I are getting married next week, just us and two witnesses, then a nice meal for about 10 of us, I'd bought the Abigail dress as we're on a pretty tight (non-existent, really) budget, and I thought, for the money it looked pretty good.

Anyway, I tried to on for one last time yesterday and I must have lost weight because it's too big! If anybody has this dress in ivory, in a size 8 I'd be over the moon if you'd sell it to me.

I know I could try and pick another dress but it took me so long to settle on his one, and I've bought shoes to match and all that nonsense.

I've had a look on eBay/Amazon/gumtree to no avail but will keep checking.

FairfaxAikman Thu 16-Mar-17 09:01:40

Could a seamstress take it in?
I use a cheap local one to put bust darts in all my Lindybop/Pretty Kitty dresses

Bundesliga Thu 16-Mar-17 09:04:41

Eat some cake! Gain some weight?

ToastyFingers Thu 16-Mar-17 09:07:53

Ooh OK, there's a lovely lady down the road who does alterations, she won't usually do wedding dresses though. I might go beg later.

Haha, cake is always an option I guess. And pizza. Although I'd rather have a smaller dress than a bigger bum.

retainertrainer Thu 16-Mar-17 09:15:01

I think getting it altered is your best bet. The 8 might not be the right for either. It's a lovely dress,hope you have a fantastic day.

ToastyFingers Thu 16-Mar-17 09:18:19

You're probably right, I've got other Lindy bop dresses in a similar style (flatter small waist, hide big bum lol) and an 8 fits about right but you never know. I'll try and search out a speedy alteration service, I've left it far too late, typically.

Bundesliga Thu 16-Mar-17 09:29:03

Good luck, still time for a MNer to reply that they have got the dress or found it for sale.

ToastyFingers Thu 16-Mar-17 09:36:18

Yeah, my fingers are crossed. The wedding is Wednesday, and I'm obviously have to pay for super-fast postage smile

Bundesliga Thu 16-Mar-17 09:45:18

Wednesday?!shock

You need to post an all caps - MNers can you help save my wedding by finding this dress? Wedding on WEDNESDAY!

Outcomesthebunnyofdeath Thu 16-Mar-17 09:47:58

Wednesday! Needs to go in AIBU for traffic and to harness the power of mumsnet.

ToastyFingers Thu 16-Mar-17 10:04:48

Wow, I'll try aibu, good idea.
Yeah, Wednesday, I know, I've been a bit too laid back about the whole thing. It fit when I last tried it in about a fortnight ago.

I'm starting to panic now.

ToastyFingers Thu 16-Mar-17 10:10:38

I've posted in Aibu.
All my fingers and toes are crossed.

Whenasuitcasejustwontdo Thu 16-Mar-17 19:45:43

Not sure how quickly they can deliver...

www.fraeuleinbackfisch.de/en/Dresses/Bridal/Lindy-Bop-Abigail-Ivory-Polka-Dot-Swing-Occasion-Dress.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now