Advanced search

Lindy Bop Abigail - Do you have this dress?

(13 Posts)
ToastyFingers Thu 16-Mar-17 09:00:28

Long story short, dp and I are getting married next week, just us and two witnesses, then a nice meal for about 10 of us, I'd bought the Abigail dress as we're on a pretty tight (non-existent, really) budget, and I thought, for the money it looked pretty good.

Anyway, I tried to on for one last time yesterday and I must have lost weight because it's too big! If anybody has this dress in ivory, in a size 8 I'd be over the moon if you'd sell it to me.

I know I could try and pick another dress but it took me so long to settle on his one, and I've bought shoes to match and all that nonsense.

I've had a look on eBay/Amazon/gumtree to no avail but will keep checking.

FairfaxAikman Thu 16-Mar-17 09:01:40

Could a seamstress take it in?
I use a cheap local one to put bust darts in all my Lindybop/Pretty Kitty dresses

Bundesliga Thu 16-Mar-17 09:04:41

Eat some cake! Gain some weight?

ToastyFingers Thu 16-Mar-17 09:07:53

Ooh OK, there's a lovely lady down the road who does alterations, she won't usually do wedding dresses though. I might go beg later.

Haha, cake is always an option I guess. And pizza. Although I'd rather have a smaller dress than a bigger bum.

retainertrainer Thu 16-Mar-17 09:15:01

I think getting it altered is your best bet. The 8 might not be the right for either. It's a lovely dress,hope you have a fantastic day.

ToastyFingers Thu 16-Mar-17 09:18:19

You're probably right, I've got other Lindy bop dresses in a similar style (flatter small waist, hide big bum lol) and an 8 fits about right but you never know. I'll try and search out a speedy alteration service, I've left it far too late, typically.

Bundesliga Thu 16-Mar-17 09:29:03

Good luck, still time for a MNer to reply that they have got the dress or found it for sale.

ToastyFingers Thu 16-Mar-17 09:36:18

Yeah, my fingers are crossed. The wedding is Wednesday, and I'm obviously have to pay for super-fast postage smile

Bundesliga Thu 16-Mar-17 09:45:18

You need to post an all caps - MNers can you help save my wedding by finding this dress? Wedding on WEDNESDAY!

Outcomesthebunnyofdeath Thu 16-Mar-17 09:47:58

Wednesday! Needs to go in AIBU for traffic and to harness the power of mumsnet.

ToastyFingers Thu 16-Mar-17 10:04:48

Wow, I'll try aibu, good idea.
Yeah, Wednesday, I know, I've been a bit too laid back about the whole thing. It fit when I last tried it in about a fortnight ago.

I'm starting to panic now.

ToastyFingers Thu 16-Mar-17 10:10:38

I've posted in Aibu.
All my fingers and toes are crossed.

Whenasuitcasejustwontdo Thu 16-Mar-17 19:45:43

Not sure how quickly they can deliver...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now