Talk

Advanced search

Do I need to moisturise?

(3 Posts)
scaredofthecity Thu 16-Mar-17 08:18:55

So I'm late 20s and my skin is fairly oily but sensitive and I do have blemishes but am constantly told I look at least 5 years younger.
My skin routine was involved pretty much just water and maybe a foaming face wash if it felt particularly dirty.
I've been keeping an eye on this board and was thinking with my 30s fast approaching I should maybe step up my beauty routine!

Traditional moisturisers are too thick for my oily skin so I invested in a gel moisturiser and have just woken up to a sea of tiny whiteheads shock
Does this mean I just don't need to moisturise and my skin is taking care of itself? I don't have any dry patches but I wouldn't say I'm exactly luminous either!

Advice would be very much appreciated but I have quite a tiny budget so cant afford premium brands atm. Thanks!

ElspethFlashman Thu 16-Mar-17 08:28:20

Well you need something that's labeled noncomedogenic. Cos that moisturiser you bought just blocked your pores.

If I were you I'd also buy something with salicylic acid in it as a cleanser to clean out the pores. The Clean and Clear blackhead removing cleansing water in the purple bottle is cheap as chips and very very good for clearing skin. It's full of salicylic acid.

scaredofthecity Thu 16-Mar-17 08:31:58

Oooo thank you I've not heard of that, I'll have a Google. I have tried the stronger cleansing solutions before but I found them very drying and then I'd go into oil overdrive! Skin is a delicate balance it seems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now