Is there a foundation for someone who hates foundation?

(55 Posts)
pleasestopsnoring Wed 15-Mar-17 22:59:20

It always feels like it's sitting on my skin.
Doesn't have to be heavy coverage, just something to even out skin tone, not cover my freckles, but not sit in the lines around my eyes when I smile. Not too shiney but not mattifying.
Suppose I want my skin but better
Does does that make sense confused

Quodlibet Wed 15-Mar-17 23:00:47

Yep - you want Chanel Vitalumiere. A bit pricy (£32?) but lasts a good while and does what you describe.

R00tat00tt00t Wed 15-Mar-17 23:04:49

Laura mercier candle glow foundation or the tinted moisturiser.

Costacoffeeplease Wed 15-Mar-17 23:05:31

Laura geller balance and brighten

JeNeSuisPasVotreMiel Wed 15-Mar-17 23:07:46

Mac waterweight is very good. You can't see it when it's on and their shades are good.

Fozzleyplum Wed 15-Mar-17 23:07:47

Clarins Skin Illusion. It's very light, but makes you look more "finished" without being detectable. It smells faintly of melon and is one of the few that don't irritate my eyes.

goldenbrownio Thu 16-Mar-17 03:09:50

What about a BB cream? I hate foundation, but I use Bienfait Teinte from Lancôme. It's quite light, also brightens the skin but can cover blemishes also.

ZacharyQuack Thu 16-Mar-17 05:52:57

Which foundations have you tried already?

I like sheer foundations, tinted moisturisers, BB creams (there's not really any difference between them, mostly marketing)

Nars Tinted Moisturiser is lovely, as is IT Cosmetics CC cream.

L'Oreal True Match is light and sheer.

How you apply it can make a difference too. Using a damp sponge will sheer it out, as can using a buffing brush.

GhostlyAbode Thu 16-Mar-17 06:03:20

Another vote for Laure Mercier tinted moisturiser. I feel the same as you and it's brill.

If I need a bit more cover I have their compact foundation and I apply that sparingly to give a more Matt look.

ChishandFips33 Thu 16-Mar-17 06:39:10

I'm with you!! I want something to even tone out but don't want to look like I'm wearing anything!

I've found LRP BB creams - still a little self conscious and find myself staring at other people's skin to see how their foundations look!!

HectorAndKiki Thu 16-Mar-17 09:05:33

One I always find really good is Boots No7 intelligent foundation, is imo a cross between a foundation and tinted moisturiser - but not too thick or shiny. I always get compliments when wearing as it looks natural, but enhancing. Always my "go to" when I want something lighter to put on my face.
Seriously just have a look at it, it's surprisingly good.

Braceybracegirl Thu 16-Mar-17 09:07:45

Following!

Maudlinmaud Thu 16-Mar-17 09:10:26

Read the reviews of bare minerals complexion rescue posted on here. It may be what you are looking for. Also those korean type cushion foundations are very light coverage with a soft sheen. Loreal have one and YSL and Lancome too.

ajandjjmum Thu 16-Mar-17 09:13:58

I use Clarins loose power with the little brush. Find it brilliant.

DarkBlueEyes Thu 16-Mar-17 09:15:00

Another Chanel vitalumiere aqua here. It's fab.

CeeCeeEnnEss Thu 16-Mar-17 09:15:24

Chantecaille tinted moisturiser. So light and easy to apply, good coverage but still look like me and no gathering in any lines!

Maudlinmaud Thu 16-Mar-17 09:21:42

@CeeCeeEnnEss that chantecaille stuff is ££s and I've never tried it but did have a few samples of their rose oil, omg it was divine. I would love to splurge.

whiteonesugar Thu 16-Mar-17 09:30:13

I have never liked the feeling of foundation on my skin but after having DS and returning to work I felt I needed it! I went to the Bobbi Brown counter and they colour matched me and tried a couple, their serum in foundation is lovely as long as you're not oily.

I have also been converted to Avon! I think its true colour. Its lovely and light, I apply with a brush or sponge and it gives nice medium coverage without being obvious.

Another option is Bare Minerals, so light and lovely coverage that can be built up as needed. Lily Lo Lo is similar and cheaper.

TheLesserWeevil Thu 16-Mar-17 09:30:52

Following. I'm 42 and have a few "laughter lines" - just realised that my current foundation makes them look worse rather than better confused

mando12345 Thu 16-Mar-17 09:44:18

Clarins tinted moisturiser works for me.
I've gone to all the 'posh' counters and asked for their lightest foundation which doesn't go into lines and it's the only one that doesn't make my wrinkles look worse. I also tried bare minerals which was also awful!

Botanicbaby Thu 16-Mar-17 11:02:50

Definitely try Bare Minerals Brightening Serum foundation it's a liquid but you only need 1 or 2 tiny drops use their brush to apply it, it's round can't remember name of it though.

You'll find it harder to go back to other foundations and applicators after using this as it feels so light like you have nothing on your skin.

That's providing it suits your skin and 'sits' well. Some people find it sits in creases but I'm mid forties and don't experience this so maybe it is my skin type. I really recommend it for someone not keen on foundation it also lasts for ages as packaging well designed so no spillage. I couldn't do it without their recommended brush.

Maybe book an appointment at a counter for a demo before you commit to buying. I've found the ones in Debenhams are lovely & certainly no obligation to buy.

mintmagnummm Thu 16-Mar-17 11:17:39

Omg I'm looking for the same! I want something that melts into skin rather than sitting on surface and I do not want shine or dryness! Dermalogica used to have something called cover tint which was bloody great but they discontinued it grrrrrr!

mintmagnummm Thu 16-Mar-17 11:18:09

Oh and I've tried most of those mentioned on here and not liked any!

greeeen Thu 16-Mar-17 14:22:29

Estée Lauder EE cream, I find even bb creams too much this stuff is amazing!

Belmo Thu 16-Mar-17 14:29:03

I'm testing the Bare Minerals complexion rescue and I love it, it is basically my skin but better. It doesn't look or feel like there's anything there. I usually shovel foundation on, but I really like this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now