Talk

Advanced search

I hate my new foundation! Someone reccomend a new one

(15 Posts)
Bombaypotatoes Wed 15-Mar-17 19:16:16

I recently purchased the urban decay all nighters foundation as reccomended by a friend. Its awful makes my skin super dry and flakey and doesn't last that long. Wasn't that cheap so quite disappointed (especially after being reassured at the make up counter but that's another story).

Can anyone recommend a good foundation for dry and sensitive skin? I've used benefit and Elizabeth Arden before which were both okay but not the best.

CryptoFascist Wed 15-Mar-17 19:20:23

Kiko Milano anti age foundation is pretty moisturising

wuckfit Wed 15-Mar-17 19:20:48

Estée Lauder double wear

SirNiallDementia Wed 15-Mar-17 19:27:06

Another vote for Estée Lauder doublewear with their primer underneath as well.

HairsprayQueen Wed 15-Mar-17 19:37:35

Try and take it back, or email them maybe- I had some slightly crap advice from the Estée Lauder counter lady and when I phoned customer services they went out of their way to help, I know it's a different company but worth a try, even if they give you a different formula of their brand you are no worse of than you are now.

JDSTER Wed 15-Mar-17 22:06:49

Estée Lauder double wear is no good for dry sensitive skin. I'm the opposite so no recommendations I'm afraid but wouldn't want you to make another expensive mistake!

DressageDiva88 Wed 15-Mar-17 22:09:32

What kind of coverage are you looking for? For dry and sensitive I'd probsbmi try something by Laura Mercier.

DressageDiva88 Wed 15-Mar-17 22:09:58

Probably

wobblywonderwoman Wed 15-Mar-17 22:10:22

I am really happy with Revlon colorstay (I bought the primer also)

Bombaypotatoes Wed 15-Mar-17 22:37:24

Medium to full coverage would be best. I have emailed urban decay as the lady at the counter as misleading, but not hopeful they'll reply/do anything about it.

Lidlfix Wed 15-Mar-17 22:46:04

I alway get offered a sample of foundation from my Urban Decay stockists and try it over a few days - perhaps mentioning that this was never offered to you. I like it on my skin but it is known to oxidise badly on some wearers and they know this. My makeup expert DD tells me that oxidising is the term for. The flakiness you are experiencing.

gettingoutofdebt Wed 15-Mar-17 22:51:33

Get a sample of clinique beyond perfecting. My skin sounds similar to yours and it has v good coverage and lasts as long as double wear when I put powder with it

Bombaypotatoes Thu 16-Mar-17 17:47:00

They didn't have any samples in my shade so I stupidly brought the whole bottle. Lesson learnt. I'll try and get samples of a few of the ones mentioned above and see how they go

thatorchidmoment Thu 16-Mar-17 17:54:55

I just love Bobbi Brown's stick foundation. You can build the coverage and it is so handy. I'm a fan of light dewy coverage myself, but I have a lot of redness on my cheeks and it's great to be able to have better coverage on those bits without it slipping through the day. Plus it's lipstick-sized for carrying in your bag if you need a touch-up.

I definitely recommend going in and getting colour matched. It's not cheap for a stick of solid foundation, but mine lasts forever.

I also had really dry flaky skin in pregnancy and this stuff is actually quite creamy and doesn't dry you out more. I love Liz Earle's superskin moisturiser underneath.

Hope you find what you are after!

Umirrific Thu 16-Mar-17 18:04:12

Lancôme Teint Miracle might work well for you. I love the way it looks on me but I get greasy around my nose and forehead so have gone for the Teint Idole now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now