Talk

Advanced search

Outdoor Italian July wedding

(9 Posts)
taybert Wed 15-Mar-17 07:58:10

So, going to a mainly outdoor wedding in Italy in July. We've not booked our accommodation or hire car yet, but sod that, my outfit takes priority!

So, a lot of it will be on grass so they've recommended flats, block or wedge heels (I seem to be friends with people who hate my usual shoe choice). It'll be warm I expect. I'm short (5'3), ex hourglass (pear), size 10. Also I'm really pale and would never really choose to spend an afternoon outside in Italy at the height of summer because that would mean my skin would fall off so having my shoulders covered would be preferable.

I don't really know where to start. Help!

taybert Wed 15-Mar-17 08:00:54

Oh, probably don't want loads of polyester. I'm picturing myself a sticky, factor 50 (yet sunburned) sweaty mess in an Italian garden currently.

NewPantsforaNewYear Wed 15-Mar-17 16:15:01

What's the budget? Silk springs to mind but it's all £££
m.zalando.co.uk/the-kooples-cocktail-dress--party-dress-red-tha21c00c-g11.html

NewPantsforaNewYear Wed 15-Mar-17 16:35:37

This looks quite cool, despite being covered (although I've never heard of the company(.

NewPantsforaNewYear Wed 15-Mar-17 16:41:34

Very pretty but less skin covering.

RedBugMug Wed 15-Mar-17 16:43:59

is it italian? if yes, bling it up or you will feel massively underdresssed. also consider getting hair styled.

herecomesthsun Wed 15-Mar-17 20:14:02

this is pretty, would be good with a large hat.

poossibly this

herecomesthsun Thu 16-Mar-17 07:08:01

pink silk

printed silk

long linen skirt

navy long top

MinesaPinot Thu 16-Mar-17 14:07:20

I know you said preferably no polyester, but am currently coveting the Hush Amalfi wide-legged jumpsuit (sorry, just can't do links). And I know it's black, but glammed up with some lovely sandals and jewellery, and with a very light unstructured jacket over the top I think it would look great - well, I'd wear it although that's not saying much Plus the fact as it's strappy, once you slip the jacket off it would look good for the evening!

I'm definitely talking myself into buying one, although I'm not going to a wedding in Italy......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now