Talk

Advanced search

Mineral make up fail?!

(12 Posts)
2babas2cats Wed 15-Mar-17 06:46:43

I've been swaying between bareminerals and Estée Lauder double wear the past few weeks trying to see what suits my skin best. TBH I think it boils down to bad skin and I've ordered some Paula's choice testers per advice on a previous post.

today I've put on bm Original in Fairly Light. I've applied prime time orginal, a layer of mineral veil then buffed on Foundation then a very light dusting of mineral veil again, but around my blackheads on my nose it looks obvious. Any tips? The same happens with double wear! Is the key getting my blackheads in check or is it my application? Thanks!

2babas2cats Wed 15-Mar-17 06:49:05

More pics for comparison.

pigeondujour Wed 15-Mar-17 07:16:04

It looks like a combination of a need for more skincare and the foundation being too pale to me. My nose is a problem area too so feel your pain!

2babas2cats Wed 15-Mar-17 07:34:46

I wonder if it's the mineral veil since its pinky coloured making me look worse?! I've actually been finding the Fairly Light too dark for me around my neck so going to switch to fair.
I tried glam glow mud and was loving it but this week my nose is worse than ever! Have started using boots No7 pore serum and moisturiser and wonder if it's that?!

pigeondujour Wed 15-Mar-17 08:33:04

Yeah pinky coloured stuff doesn't work for me either. I use white primer. Are you oily skin type?

2babas2cats Wed 15-Mar-17 11:19:53

Yes I'm oily across my tzone with noticeable pores. I use bareminerals prime time primer. I have the day off work and have come home taken makeup off after getting my brows done and put Estée Lauder on! It's not fab but looks ok. I put mineral veil underneath per Wayne Goss trick as I don't have loose powder.

pigeondujour Wed 15-Mar-17 13:22:00

What's your skincare routine? Maybe you need more exfoliation? I'm trying to perfect mine but it's really hard and bloody expensive to get it right.

Shanshay Wed 15-Mar-17 14:10:26

You need a better foundation underneath. A winning combination is excellent skincare (decent moisturiser) and then double wear and then bare minerals original (no mineral veil too much powder is sitting in your pores making it worse). Also I would recommend an extraction facial to reduce your pore size.

2babas2cats Wed 15-Mar-17 16:07:00

Skin care at the moment is garnier micellar water, la Roche-posay efflacar (sp?) clarifying lotion, No7 pore serum and moisturiser. pm I'm using the same but the No7 night time moisturiser.
I'm waiting for Paula's choice testers as I've read good things about the products.

I might try Estée Lauder with bareminerals on top. Would you buff it on the same if on top of liquid foundation?

Heinousfauxpas Wed 15-Mar-17 17:05:21

I had my makeup done in Boots the other week by BM assistant. I looked deathly, even with blusher and the foundation didn't 'take' on my nose and settled in my under eye lines. I was also aware of how it felt on my skin and I didn't like that either. So not a success either.

I use EL doublewear light and no matter how many other makes I try I keep coming back to this. It has really good coverage but without looking too heavy ( i use a damp beauty blender to apply), has ridiculously long staying power and covers any redness/veins etc.

I set it with just a tiny brush of translucent powder. Your foundation on pic looks on the light side and so your blush is sort of standing out more. When I had an oilier T-zone I found Benefit Porefessional primer was the most flattering and mattifying. I'd keep trying samples till you find what you're happy with. I'd almost learned to always do that until earlier this week when I bought Maybelline's Satin Touch (think that's it's name) while I was in Sainsbo. Am regretting that.

2babas2cats Wed 15-Mar-17 20:28:14

I might try the double wear light. I have used bareMinerals's for years but my skin seems more oily lately and it changed how it sat on my face. I feel like I can "feel" double wear on my face more than bareminerals but I just want glowing, not oily skin, that looks flawless...too much to ask?!

paperandpaint Wed 15-Mar-17 20:43:30

Try double cleansing with a warm flannel. Micellar water always leaves my skin feeling sticky and not totally clean. Also try Alpha H liquid gold a few times a week.

Good luck!! I'm pregnant just now so my skin is good but I know in a few months I'll be back to the usual cystic spots and dull skin - boo!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now