Talk

Advanced search

PLEEEEEEASE can someone help me find....

(18 Posts)
mintmagnummm Wed 15-Mar-17 06:36:25

A skin tint with some coverage (not too much but not sheer nothingness like most!) and that leaves no bloody shine or residue! Something dry touch/matte but not powdery! So fed up of buying things that are crap they either look like I've applied grease all over my face or like I've just applied nothing at all! I'm looking at you bareminerals complexion rescue!!

BusterGonad Wed 15-Mar-17 06:43:30

Have you tried mixing equal amounts of mattifiying primer and foundation? L'Oréal used to sale a foundation you'd shake then tip into your finger like perfume than apply, I had it and it sounds just like what you're after but I can find it online. It must be discontinued!

BusterGonad Wed 15-Mar-17 06:45:05

This one!

2babas2cats Wed 15-Mar-17 06:53:19

I've got oily skin and find complexion rescue doesn't react great with it. Normal or dry skin I think this product would work great for!

mintmagnummm Wed 15-Mar-17 08:57:25

Buster thank you but that L'Oréal one is very drying, looks very powdery once applied.

mintmagnummm Wed 15-Mar-17 08:58:21

2bab yeah I know, that's what I meant when I said I'm looking at you complexion rescue because I tried it and it was nothing it promised to be!

SconeRanger Wed 15-Mar-17 09:00:46

I'm the same with always looking shiny. I like the May Elaine fit me anti shine stick at the moment. It feels a bit cakey when you first apply but once blended it looks nice and not at all greasy. Another massive bonus for me is that the pale shade is actually pale enough. Good luck with your search

loveka Wed 15-Mar-17 09:04:38

I am using La Roche Posey BBC Blur at the moment and it's brilliant. Matte without being powdery. The best I have tried.

mintmagnummm Wed 15-Mar-17 09:46:52

Scone it's so frustrating isn't it! I'll have a look at that stick thanks.

Loveka thank you but that one has fragrance in it which is a big no no for my skin :-(

Why do so many products contain fragrance FFS

ChishandFips33 Wed 15-Mar-17 15:09:48

I have the LRP Blur too and also the other Effaclar one, the Unifiant

The kind lady in Boots was happy to give me several samples - which was bloody brilliant because I too am sick of forking out for things that aren't right

Have you gone down the sample route?

bretonlover Wed 15-Mar-17 16:14:17

Have you tried Liz Earle tinted Moisturiser? I rrally like it and find it heavier than BM complexion rescue or Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser

HoneyDragon Wed 15-Mar-17 16:15:27

I liked the complexion rescue but I had to apply it with a beauty blender. Fingers or brush were useless. Certainly on the T zone so you may be onto something with the oily skin.

GinAndOnIt Wed 15-Mar-17 16:18:00

I use this - would it be any good?

I have combination skin and it seems to work well on the oily and the dry areas! Which you should hope it would at £58 confused

It's the best thing I've tried though. Not sure about fragrances.

Freezingwinter Wed 15-Mar-17 16:20:49

Maybelline dream fresh bb is the one for me!

Ladyflip Wed 15-Mar-17 16:23:55

I can highly recommend this one
Marks and Spencer Autograh DD cream

I use it every day when I don't need a full face of slap on. It's very matte and not powdery although I'm not sure about fragrance (although I haven't noticed any). Stays put for most of the day too.

HoneyDragon Wed 15-Mar-17 16:24:24

Oooooh I had forgotten about dream fresh, I like that.

Hoppinggreen Wed 15-Mar-17 16:25:02

I like Clinique tinted moisturiser

mintmagnummm Thu 16-Mar-17 19:23:35

Thanks for all these suggestions I will check them all out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now