Talk

Advanced search

I've just shaved half my eyebrow off, help!

(23 Posts)
SapphireSeptember Tue 14-Mar-17 22:07:12

Just that really, I was having way too much fun getting rid of the vellus hair and caught my actual eyebrow hair. sad And now I look ridiculous. I have a bald patch with about half a centimeter of the 'tail' left. I've already had a really bad day and now this!

fannydaggerz Tue 14-Mar-17 22:08:20

Draw it in, look up videos on YouTube on how to do this. If you don't have a brow pencil, use a brown eyeshadow

MrsDc7 Tue 14-Mar-17 22:09:01

That's alright don't panic. You'll just have to fill it in for a week or so till it grows back. You can use a pencil or an eyeshadow that's a suitable colour

MrsDc7 Tue 14-Mar-17 22:09:16

Sorry x post!

QueenMortificado Tue 14-Mar-17 22:09:25

To be fair the 90s fashion is back in and that shaved eyebrow look was what the teen boys all went for

I'd rock it if I were you

SapphireSeptember Tue 14-Mar-17 22:21:15

Queen That made me laugh, thank you!

I've just had a go, I have a brown eyeliner that's too light and reddish, and a black, which is too dark, so I mixed the two on the back of my hand and applied with an eyeliner brush, and it doesn't look terrible. First order of business tomorrow will be buying an dark brown pencil. (I go for the wild unkempt look with my eyebrows, so I don't have anything for eyebrows to use.) The upside is that the bits I actually wanted to remove hair from feel lovely and smooth!

Passthecake30 Tue 14-Mar-17 23:13:20

Pics? grin

Sounds like you have a good plan of action at least

BusterGonad Wed 15-Mar-17 05:52:07

I'd love a picture too!

Deathraystare Wed 15-Mar-17 08:16:48

That is so last year! Well, quite a few years ago. I did it deliberately and am being punished now I have few brows left and they ain't growing back! So I really feel your pain.

SapphireSeptember Wed 15-Mar-17 09:33:14

I knew one of you 'orrible lot would want pictures! grin Very well Buster and Passthecake. (It is in reality the other side, when I took a picture it flipped it.)

Deathray I did it deliberately when I was 12, so many moons ago now. I read about it in a book, so thought it would be a good idea. I've barely touched them ever since. So glad fuller brows are in again so I'm not such an outlier. grin Daft question, have you ever tried any of the brow serums which are supposed to help them grow?

BusterGonad Wed 15-Mar-17 09:38:30

What a disappointment, that's nothing, whack a bit of eyebrow pencil over it and before you know it it'll have grown back! 😂

abbsisspartacus Wed 15-Mar-17 09:41:05

Speed up the process rub it with Vaseline or caster oil

Deathraystare Wed 15-Mar-17 14:21:47

Sapphire - yes I tried it when I discovered David Bowie! It was a craze to shave the tail end off then pencil in a piddly little line. I am glad brows are fuller now but hate the sharpie ones.

Yes I have tried both castor oil and one of the liquids but don't always remember to do it. The first bit of my brow seems fuller but then nothing

I use revitabrow and lash. Funnily enough I think the lash one is working a bit.

SapphireSeptember Wed 15-Mar-17 15:07:31

Thanks Buster! I love you too! grin 😜

At least there's some progress Deathray. Same here, I think some people need to put the eyebrow stuff down!

abbs I've got stubble coming in already! My eyebrows grow fast it seems. (Dunno how, my diet is shocking.)

BusterGonad Wed 15-Mar-17 15:14:25

Sapphire 😘😂

SapphireSeptember Wed 15-Mar-17 15:43:00

Buster 🍫💄

I got my dark brown pencil! L'Oreal infallible gel crayon in Browny crush. (It was 3 for 2 on L'Oreal, and they all also had a cobalt blue and shimmery bronze one that I picked up.) I'm currently practicing making it look natural, but when my hair has grown back it'll make a fantastic eyeliner.

BusterGonad Thu 16-Mar-17 08:51:14

I'm currently enjoying the Rimmel eyebrow pencil, I've been powdering them in for years and fancied a change, it's always recommended on blogs and stuff so I bought it and the clear gel. I actually love it! I bought the dark brown one and I think it'll be something I repurchase, and I don't say that often! grin

SapphireSeptember Thu 16-Mar-17 17:29:17

I've already used that pencil as an eyeliner. I ❤ it! It's so dark and rich! I am looking at getting a Revlon eyebrow pencil in dark brown, which has a spoolie on the end, so I can comb my brows before and after filling them in, which is supposed to soften any hard lines.

BusterGonad Thu 16-Mar-17 17:36:03

I use a washed mini Benefit they're real one. I brush them before and then after with it! It's great as it has the little round end with mini bristles!

SapphireSeptember Fri 17-Mar-17 20:57:54

That's a really good idea! I like it! Confession, I never buy mascara, I get it free when I buy other stuff. grin

BusterGonad Sat 18-Mar-17 10:37:52

I've got about 5 mascaras waiting to be used, they are all free or part of a bogof. I hardly ever buy them either. Mini ones are better too as they don't get to the dry point as by then you've finished it!

Passthecake30 Mon 20-Mar-17 20:42:43

Just checked the thread- thanks for the pic! It's not that bad.... I have a scar in one of my eyebrows from running into a swing and a couple of mm higher we'd be twins 😀

SapphireSeptember Mon 20-Mar-17 20:56:07

Excellent tip Buster! Though I hardly ever wear mascara, I have one that I haven't used yet. I got very lucky in the eyelash department. (Long, thick and dark,) and they're so long that wearing mascara means that it ends up all over my glasses.

Yay, almost eyebrow twin! Ouch, sounds painful though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now