Talk

Advanced search

Yet another foundation question...

(16 Posts)
Tacitits Tue 14-Mar-17 21:42:55

I'm​ looking for a matte, long-lasting, medium coverage foundation - my skin is pale and cool toned. Ideally less than £15... Looking at the obvious high street options, matte finishes tend to full coverage but I don't need it and prefer medium.

Any ideas?

BusterGonad Wed 15-Mar-17 06:34:10

This probably isn't helpful as it's £££ more but a friend of mine uses Benefit The Big Easy, it's like a bb cream but it's Matt and is a medium coverage! I can't personally vouch for it though.

2babas2cats Wed 15-Mar-17 06:54:07

Have you tried bare minerals?

2babas2cats Wed 15-Mar-17 06:55:18

Sorry just realised you said under £15, heard good things about lily lolo which is less expensive than bm.

Shop Wed 15-Mar-17 07:40:10

L'Oréal infallible pro matte is about £8 I think it says full coverage but it's definitely medium on me

Deathraystare Wed 15-Mar-17 07:57:35

Have you tried Revlon Colourstay? I have both the combi skin one and the one for more dryer skin as my skin is a right old mixture. My skin is not as pale as yours. I tend to go for Bugg but I think there is an Ivory or alabaster/porcelain type shade (I know Ivory will possibly be more of a 'warm')

Tacitits Wed 15-Mar-17 09:03:41

I'm using the L'Oreal at the moment, Shop but it's a bit full on for me.

Will have a look at the Revlon at the weekend Deathraystare - I've heard good things about it on here. Will also investigate Lily Lolo - not one I'm familiar with - thanks 2babas.

user1467976192 Wed 15-Mar-17 09:05:17

Rimmel wake me up anti fatigue foundation. This is what I am using ATM. Lovely coverage

highinthesky Wed 15-Mar-17 09:12:25

Colorstay is good, I used it for years before they messed with the shade. It costs about £12 per bottle, which would last over 3 months with daily use. Revlon products can sometimes be found 3 for 2 at Boots and Superdrug.

I then switched to No 7 stay perfect, oil free and colour matched. There is one that gives full coverage and another that gives lighter, which I much prefer. It's £14 a bottle but also often on 3 for 2.

highinthesky Wed 15-Mar-17 09:14:39

I was tempted to try L'Oreal after the latest ads btw. If its too much coverage use 1/2 the amount and mix with the same of moisturiser when you apply it. Worked for me with the No 7 before I switched to the lighter formulation.

BusterGonad Wed 15-Mar-17 09:43:44

What about Rimmel bb cream in the Matt version, imo its thicker than a bb cream but lighter than full on foundation.

Tacitits Wed 15-Mar-17 09:44:11

highinthesky does mixing it with moisturiser make it less matte? Will also check out No. 7 at the weekend.

Tacitits Thu 16-Mar-17 13:30:15

Popping back in because, in a moment of oh-shit-it's-completely-run-out I bought an emergency foundation yesterday - Primark's matte, medium coverage one for £3. It's bloody good, can't tell the difference so far between it and the L'Oreal. I'll see how it wears for the rest of the day but I'm happy so far.

augustbody Thu 16-Mar-17 14:30:01

Rimmel red top one (can't remember the name) - it's the bollocks and ticks all my boxes: medium but buildable coverage, goes on beautifully (damp beauty blender is best), doesn't sit in creases, looks lovely on, comes in pale colours, stays on, and best of all, no flashback in photos - my absolute pet hate!

Loreal infallible (not the matte one the one in the glass bottle) is also good but a bit more flashbacky. Loreal true match also supposed to be good.

Have also heard very good things about all the primark make up.

Tacitits Thu 16-Mar-17 14:43:44

Will definitely check out the Rimmel as well, thanks august. I can confirm the quality of a fair amount of the Primark range - their metallic liquid eyeliners are AMAZING, as is their metallic lip pencil. Didn't get on with the mascara though - very clumpy, even with a Lancome brush.

Sciurus83 Thu 16-Mar-17 16:07:41

Revlon colorstay for sure

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now