Talk

Advanced search

Hair roller advice

(2 Posts)
Trundle13 Tue 14-Mar-17 20:25:07

Going to an event soon that starts at 9am. I have bought a set of big velcro rollers to try, in an attempt to increase hair volume/look nice and sleek and 'done' smile

However, I just know I won't have time to do my hair with them on the actual morning (baby DS to get ready also, plus makeup etc to do) - if I do the day before and put lots of hairspray or something in, do you think the style will last overnight? Or not worth the effort?

Hair is just above shoulder length, bit of a natural wave, tends to hold curl quite well.

(Not keen in sleeping in rollers - I fear it will disrupt the precious few hours of sleep I do get with DS grin)

Trundle13 Sun 19-Mar-17 20:54:38

So, I tried this! For anyone who might read this and wonder the same thing, and want to know how it went smile -

I put the Velcro rollers in mid-afternoon the day before, spraying each section liberally with hairspray before rolling up. Took them out just before bed, massive volume. Had reduced a bit overnight after sleeping on it, but still looked nice. Didn't brush in the morning, just ran fingers through carefully where necessary. And refreshed with a few sprays of dry shampoo to the roots underneath. Lots of compliments - will be doing this again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now