Talk

Advanced search

Help! What to wear for a posh awards do (daytime)?

(6 Posts)
SomewhereNow Tue 14-Mar-17 20:08:11

A project I worked on has been nominated for an award and I will be going to the do at a fancy hotel in London. Very pleased but have no clue what to wear - I don't do dressy very well confused. Also, it's a lunchtime thing so I'm even more clueless - would have a rough idea for a night-time event but no idea at all for day.

Bit of background - I'm 5'2, size 14ish, horrible legs, too much tummy and arse but impressive boobs grin. I like slightly edgy or vintagey styles but struggle to know what suits me. Thought about one of those Bombshell dresses that Nigella wears but then I saw the price!

I don't want to spend £££ but don't mind a bit of an investment especially if it's something I'll wear again.

Any suggestions?

Itscurtainsforyou Tue 14-Mar-17 21:30:36

I'm going to something very similar soon, I wonder if it's the same thing??

I watched a YouTube video of a previous awards ceremony and based my dress choice on that.
I have gone with this: http://m.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod107011000164413+80663PURPL-1

It felt fancy enough with the neckline without being too over the top.

ReginaGeorgeinSheepsClothing Tue 14-Mar-17 21:32:00

Have you looked at the pretty dress company?

ReginaGeorgeinSheepsClothing Tue 14-Mar-17 21:34:08

www.theprettydresscompany.com/

SomewhereNow Tue 14-Mar-17 22:25:59

That link's not working itscurtains. Congrats on being nominated as well though smile.

SomewhereNow Tue 14-Mar-17 22:27:31

I really like some of the things on there, thanks smile. Going to ask around and if it seems as though a dress is the thing to go with I might order a couple to try.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now