Talk

Advanced search

If you have thick hair and spectacles...

(14 Posts)
JohnLapsleyParlabane Tue 14-Mar-17 20:03:28

... What hairstyle suits you best?
I'm in frumpy land and need to get out. My hair is ridiculously thick and I have booked a cut and dye appointment for two weeks time. Currently it's boob length and the bottom 6 inches at least could do with chopping off due to repeated dyeing. I just don't know what to do next as it's been like this for about 5 years. I can't commit to too much daily maintenance due to DD but could maintain regular trims.
Any genius suggestions? Please?

PickAChew Tue 14-Mar-17 20:08:47

Have had it short for years​, but currently have a big moppy fringe, in a sort of wedge cut, which I love, even if it does end up sticking up in all directions when it's mizzly, like this morning.

NapQueen Tue 14-Mar-17 20:09:47

Mines very thick and I have the "Mumsnet Cut" which I do myself.

wrapsuperstar Tue 14-Mar-17 20:11:08

I have thick wavy hair and favour largish chunky spectacles. Find that a messy long bob suits my general 'look' well.

missyB1 Tue 14-Mar-17 20:14:10

I have short thick hair in sort of elfin style, need it cut and thinned out every 5 weeks - costs a bloody fortune hmm
It's the only style that suits me though!
Oh my glasses are small brown metal frames, I have quite a small face.

PickAChew Tue 14-Mar-17 20:14:16

Actually, Pinterest seems to be full of similar.
uk.pinterest.com/pin/84301824245938415/
Mine desperately needs a cut, at the moment. Too much fluff around the nape of my neck. My stylist is always too conservative with cutting it off!

SleepingBooty Tue 14-Mar-17 20:14:23

Mines a less polished version of this: long bouncy layers with a few highlights in.

girlandboy Tue 14-Mar-17 20:15:10

I currently have a short choppy bob which I think suits my long shaped face better than the longer bob I had. My hairdresser does use a pair of thinning scissors on it though because it's so thick makes me feel like an Old English Sheepdog

AngelicCurls Tue 14-Mar-17 20:15:45

I've just gone for a longish bob which seems to work well. previously i clipped up in a twisty chignon type thing which was great as would look ok even if I didn't have time to wash it. That's the down side with short hair-having to 'style' it everyday rather than just pin up and forget

PickAChew Tue 14-Mar-17 20:17:08

Had to link this for the laugh
www.thehairstyler.com/mobile/features/articles/hairstyles/glasses-hairstyle

herecomesthsun Tue 14-Mar-17 20:28:04

messy bun and any frames that emphasise my eyes

JohnLapsleyParlabane Tue 21-Mar-17 13:05:47

Thanks all. I think I'm going to brave a big chop and some chunky colour.

BusterGonad Wed 22-Mar-17 08:20:58

Mines a long matted mess. Planing on getting a hair revamp in the summer so at the moment I just used tons of conditioner in the shower while I think about (dream about) the day I get it cut!

RapidlyOscillating Wed 22-Mar-17 08:22:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now