Advice needed from fellow redheads - covering greys.

(5 Posts)
MargotFenring Tue 14-Mar-17 20:03:12

I have quite a dark Auburn colour, all natural. I have noticed my first grey/white hairs. Luckily, for the last year or so they have been few and I was comfortable ignoring them, as they blended in okay.

These are now increasing at my temples so its time to either be brave and accept and age gracefully, or start covering them with dye.

I have dyed my hair all sorts of colours in the past, and know my hair (as tends to be the case with redheads) is very porous so colour results tend to be much darker than the box suggests.

Can anyone recommend any natural looking for Auburn colour? Not too vivid, or red or orange. I am guessing I should go for a lighter shade than what I actually am. For example, when I used light brown in the past, the result was very, very dark -almost black.

Any tips?

Polkadot1974 Tue 14-Mar-17 22:09:17

Reading with interest as my red is fading fast. No greys but would like to go red again!

slinkysaluki Tue 14-Mar-17 22:19:13

Mines the same as yours natural auburn with white hairs coming through, I'm going to have a few gold and copper lights through it to camouflage a bit. Don't want to dye it can't be bothered with the obvious root growth.

Deathraystare Wed 15-Mar-17 08:26:05

Happens with not quite natural red heads too! Mt hair is a very rich vibrant red colour but the greys are creeping back in. I try not to wash it too often but a mixture of sweatiness and greasiness means I have to. I get a mildish shampoo and conditioner - Klorane mango at the moment which helps

It badly needs a cut and colour!

MargotFenring Wed 15-Mar-17 08:45:27

Are highlights a pain to maintain?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now