Talk

Advanced search

pencil eye liner

(28 Posts)
lindyloo57 Tue 14-Mar-17 16:49:17

is there a pencil eye liner that do not melt down after one to two hours, i do have oily skin, even estee lauder double wear pencil [ which is the best of the rest] dont last very long on me. i have tried powder shadow over top which gives me a little more staying power, but only till lunch time.

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Tue 14-Mar-17 16:49:56

I use Rimmel

FrizzBombDelight Tue 14-Mar-17 16:51:18

I have this problem too, they all lie imo.

WatchingFromTheWings Tue 14-Mar-17 16:52:15

I use Rimmel too, never had a problem with it.

GeorgeTheHamster Tue 14-Mar-17 16:52:52

Bobbi brown, the one that winds up, stays put on me.

tissuesosoft Tue 14-Mar-17 16:55:27

Soap and glory smoulder kohl has great staying power

BounceBounceSplishSplash Tue 14-Mar-17 17:23:25

Clinique Quickliner never budges on me. They also do a Quickliner Intense. Better than Ester Lauder imo.

BounceBounceSplishSplash Tue 14-Mar-17 17:24:02

Better than Estee not Esther grin

BreatheDeep Tue 14-Mar-17 17:27:34

I use No. 7. Stay Perfect with no problems. Kohl always smudges on me.

highinthesky Tue 14-Mar-17 17:29:37

I invested in one the other week, following a tip from another MN thread.

It's from Primark and comes in a box of 2 for the princely sum of £1. I too have oily skin, and it does the job nicely.

WhooooAmI24601 Tue 14-Mar-17 17:36:43

Lancome's pencil eyeliners are always pretty good on my oily lids. I prime with Urban Decay, though, or everything just slides off.

lindyloo57 Tue 14-Mar-17 17:57:37

Hi, i have tried No7, rimmel, l'oreal and so many more high street brands, no good for me, maybe i will try the primark one. if it don't work i will try the urban Decay primer.

highinthesky Tue 14-Mar-17 18:08:34

Are you the same lindyloo on MSE btw?

Kennington Tue 14-Mar-17 18:25:33

No7 is good for me. I suggest wiping oil and cream from lids before applying anything.
Face cream was the cause for me.

lindyloo57 Tue 14-Mar-17 19:16:44

Hi i am lindyloo new to mumsnet today, what is MSE btw, sorry if i seem a bit slow i am new to this.

Venella Wed 15-Mar-17 00:06:24

Velvet touch by Gosh (at Superdrug) is the best and longest lasting I've tried. I don't have oily lids but I use lid primer, that seems to help.

highinthesky Wed 15-Mar-17 03:50:02

MSE is Martin Lewis' MoneySavingExpert site.

I just thought it was an unusual username!

tabbymog Wed 15-Mar-17 04:39:01

Illamasqua Eye Slick Stick is the best I've found. Some of the colours in the range look like they're meant for lips, though. I use Nars eye shadow base as well.

BusterGonad Wed 15-Mar-17 05:34:18

Op I don't think it's a eye pencil problem more of a eye lid problem. If it was me I'd start by only using eye-cream on my brow bones, then I'd prime my eyelids, then apply foundation/concealer, then set with powder, then line. Many people forget that their eyelids need the same treatment as the rest of their face.

Beautifullymixed Wed 15-Mar-17 06:20:04

OP, I agree with PP.
If I don't prep my eye lids, they get terribly oily and smudge.

I apply my primer all over the eye area, apply my foundation thinly over the whole eye area, then apply a little concealer under eye (not a fan of the whole cakey, creasey, thick, masses of concealer look, that you tubers favour).
Then, the most important part!
I next blot with blotting paper (muji or amazon), this removes any traves of oil left, then apply my setting powder.

I use my damp sponge, and press the powder into the eyelids, and under the eye. I also go over the eyebrows, so my eyebrow pencil doesn't move.
The powder I like best for this is the Innisfree no sebum powder. Although white in colour, it goes on smoothly, mattes the skin without drying it out, and leaves a good base for eyeshadow /liner.
I don't use loads, so I don't get a white cast, or dryness under the eyes, but enough to keep the oilyness away for a few hours.

Remember to moisturise first to avoid any dry patches appearing.
I then spray a good spritz of mac fix plus, to take away the powdery look, and make me look dewy. smile

Beautifullymixed Wed 15-Mar-17 06:27:04

I also like Sleek make up brow stylist pencil for my brows and eyeliner.
I use dark, and it's not too smudgy, and lasts the whole day. I like the pointed shape and the fact it doesn't need sharpening, as it's a twist up pencil.
It also doesn't go on too dark, thick or heavy, giving me a shock when I look in the mirror later on a rushed morning!
Elf eye pencils I'm looking at you!!!!

slinkysaluki Wed 15-Mar-17 06:56:26

Avon supershock gel pencils are really good

lindyloo57 Wed 15-Mar-17 14:27:49

Thanks for all advice, have tried Avon no good for me, Good advice from beautyfullmixed seems a lot of work, you know when you are in a rush in the mornings, also its just under the eye which smudge, although i do get very oily lids too. what is the best primer for this?

Beautifullymixed Wed 15-Mar-17 20:15:43

I like the cheapie, but goody, smashbox dupe from W7.
Gives a smooth, velvety soft feel to the skin, and doesn't dry it out. Foundation and powder go on beautifully after it.
I also like this rimmel primer.
This is good for when my dehydrated skin needs a bit more moisture, as it's like a moisturiser. My skin is left so soft after use, but I do have to powder more though as the day goes on, as I can get very oily with it.
I have tried lots of primers OP, although I refuse to spend ££££ on them. I have elf, bodyshop, garnier, mac, no7, and nyx sitting on my shelf. I always seem to reach for the W7 though. It's a personal preference, and what suits me, you might hate! Enjoy experimenting (and watching YouTube tutorials blush).

lindyloo57 Wed 15-Mar-17 20:35:53

Hi, yes i have watched a few YouTube tutorials, and one or two have said the rimmel one is good, and nyx, will go and check them out. can i get W7 on the high street?.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now