Spring coats

(22 Posts)
Dolceandgabbana14 Tue 14-Mar-17 11:25:22

Now that the sun's started to shine it's getting a bit too warm for my big winter Superdry parka.

Tell me what spring coats you're all wearing, and can anyone recommend any that are in nice spring colours; I'm Argo tired of navy!

I'm 39, slim build and tend to go for smart-casual rather than sporty if that helps!

Dolceandgabbana14 Tue 14-Mar-17 11:26:57

Argo tired? SO tied!

KavvLar Tue 14-Mar-17 11:44:50

Ax Paris have some nice light coats. This one is in pink and in grey:

www.axparis.com/products/Plain-Collar-Button-Front--Jacket.html

And I have my eye on this one from asos

m.asos.com/brave-soul/brave-soul-belted-trench-coat/prd/7826103?CTAref=We%20Recommend%20Carousel_2&featureref1=we%20recommend%20pers

Pistachiois50pmore Tue 14-Mar-17 11:53:12

I had the perfect one once. It was Paul & Joe, about 2003, and was an airforce blue very light needle cord, hip length, with patch pockets. I left it on a bus once and I still think of it.

Floisme Tue 14-Mar-17 12:03:38

Mine are all vintage so probably not very helpful, sorry, but I'll share anyway cos I like talking about them:
Knee length, straight-up-and-down leather coat - black but faded
60s swing coat - dark (but not quite navy) blue
Fitted Harris tweed jacket - heathery colours

JoJoSM2 Tue 14-Mar-17 12:08:50

I've got lightweight coats in a few colours.

BounceBounceSplishSplash Tue 14-Mar-17 12:43:41

Thanks for posting that think to the trench coat Kav. I've been looking for a short beige trench that doesn't have the flappy yokes at the front or back and that isn't too expensive. Have ordered so crossing my fingers that it's the right shade of beige and doesn't make me look washed out smile

BounceBounceSplishSplash Tue 14-Mar-17 12:51:43

OP, I find my green cargo jacket really useful in spring/summer. It goes with loads. Like this one. Tons in the shops at the mo. H&M have one for £29.99

rightknockered Tue 14-Mar-17 17:28:10

I'm thinking of getting that Hush jacket in black

hollyisalovelyname Tue 14-Mar-17 17:28:32

JoJo
What brand are your lovely coats. I love pastel shades.

WhooooAmI24601 Tue 14-Mar-17 17:38:47

La Redoute have some lovely trench coats in at the minute, I've just bought two in a light beige and a light pink colour. They're not here yet but they're going to be my spring coats every year, I can just feel it.

I also have a pastel pink wrap coat from Ted Baker which is 3 years old but I still adore. I dry clean it every year and it's still looking perfect.

PovertyJetset Tue 14-Mar-17 18:34:17

Army style shaket thing or my trust old GAP trench. I also have a leather biker and a Levi denim jacket too. I have a bazillion jackets, too many!

IHaveBrilloHair Tue 14-Mar-17 18:42:18

I've got one very like the Hush one, except it was Dorothy Perking about 10 years ago, I roll it out every spring.
I've a lightweight belted parka in black with a diagonal zip from ASOS about 5 years ago, fits me perfectly and I love that too.
I ordered a cropped leather jacket from Warehouse but sent it back as it was too big, not sure the size smaller would fit either so back to the drawing board on the cropped leather jacket front.
Also my trusty Superdry windcheater for wet days with jeans/hoodies.

KavvLar Tue 14-Mar-17 21:19:05

Bounce yes! Glad to be of service. Hope it suits you

Dolceandgabbana14 Tue 14-Mar-17 21:33:48

Thanks everyone, loads of suggestions to look into. I love the pastel ones, they really say spring to me. Where are yours from JoJo?

Postchildrenpregranny Wed 15-Mar-17 21:35:19

Saw a lovely Jaeger coat in grey and pink yesterday but it was very expensive

AnarchyKitty Thu 16-Mar-17 08:53:46

I've just got a beautiful pink moonson coat in the charity shop for £5. It still had it's tags on!
Now I just need the weather to warm up a bit. The joys of Spring in Scotland.

GeorgiePeachie Thu 16-Mar-17 09:39:06

I wouldnt go for light light colours as its impossible to keep clean. My spring coat is hip length and is a mid brown with a blue velvet belt and deep pointy pockets. It's kind of a bell shape but I love it.

oliviaoatcake Thu 16-Mar-17 13:04:43

I'm wearing a suedette grey biker jacket from Warehouse for casual and for a smarter feel, I've got an above the knee length pale grey semi fitted coat from Oasis which is a Spring weight so isn't too warm.

I find that wearing lighter colours while still being warm helps. (god I sound old!) Just changing from darker boots/trainers to lighter ones helps too.

purpleladybird Thu 16-Mar-17 13:33:31

Oooo such a timely thread I was thinking of this earlier and didn't even know what search terms to use. I like the trench coats. Does anyone know of any with a hood? I always forget my brolly.

LanaorAna1 Thu 16-Mar-17 13:47:27

Stories flowy trenchcoat is half price and mighty nice - comfortable and smart. Plus machine washable, chuck it in and no iron, so the idea of a chic pale coat is finally practicable as well as dreamy

www.stories.com/gb/Sale/Ready-to-wear/Jackets_Coats/Flowy_Trench_Coat/114723623-11240791.1

Kimby2109 Fri 17-Mar-17 00:43:15

I'm wearing the H&M leopard print coat, smart and stylish plus lightweight, best coat i have brought.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now