Talk

Advanced search

Help for skin prone to whiteheads / milia

(5 Posts)
mummylookingforstuff Tue 14-Mar-17 10:01:01

My skin is prone to whiteheads and milia (white bumps / cyst). Skin also looks dehydrated.

I use Vitamin C Serum with Hyaluronic Acid + Vitamin E + Ferulic Acid + Amino Acids. On top of that I use Nivea day cream with SPF 15 and at night I use Clairns multi nuit night cream.

I exfoliate 2-3 times a week with clean and clear black head removal and an oats exfoliate mixture.

Any advice on how to improve the skin? any better skin regime or products that I can use?

nonononononnoon39382920 Tue 14-Mar-17 19:44:19

Following this as I have the same issue.

So I had this massive outburst of whiteheads(it was terrible I am telling you). First things first: got to a gynaecologist, found out I have micropolicystic ovaries, got treatment.

Secondly: got monthly treatment/extractions

Thirdly: found a paula's choice routine with acids (aha, bha, retinol) that works.

nonononononnoon39382920 Tue 14-Mar-17 19:45:01

Also pls stop putting oats on your face!!!! Also no lemon, tomatoes or whatever people say. It's damaging.

FrustratedFrugal Tue 14-Mar-17 20:36:56

I get milia if I use creams that are too rich for my skin - night creams sound way too rich. Most eye creams also induce milia. Sometimes I also get them from mineral makeup.

Whiteheads are a totally different thing but I get them too. I'm extremely acne prone and tend to get them from liquid foundation and I probably some hyaluronic acid products as well. Lip balm too. When I phased out liquid foundation and switched to compact foundation and stopped using moisturizers I also stopped getting whiteheads.

EatsLeavesAndShit Tue 14-Mar-17 21:42:57

Cosrx have a 'whitehead power liquid' that is supposed to get rid of whiteheads. I think it is AHA, so you don't need to manually exfoliate (it's damaging to skin), this will chemically exfoliate. Also, maybe use it on days when you don't use your Vitamin C, or use at the opposite end of the day.

I have ordered the Whitehead liquid but it hasn't arrived yet, however I do have Cosrx's blackhead liquid and it is magical so that's why I bought everything else in their range some more stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now