Jeans for an apple shape to avoid muffin top

(6 Posts)
Oysterbabe Mon 13-Mar-17 16:43:57

My body is shaped like a potato, widest in the middle, flat arse and scrawny legs. I'm really struggling to lose some baby weight and I need to find some clothes that I actually feel ok in while I keep trying because my appearance is really getting me down.

I've bought a few nice dresses and tops but I need some jeans to go with the tops. The problem I have is that unless I have them very right around my waist they just constantly slip down over my non-existent arse and I'm forever hoicking them up, it's so annoying. But if I have them tight enough to not fall down I have a hideous muffin top and they cut me in half when I sit down. So I go for the constantly falling down look.

What's my best option here? Are there any jeans that I can wear? Would leggings be awful on a 36 year old mum? I do have fairly good legs, it's just the gut sad

SauvignonPlonk Mon 13-Mar-17 16:59:19

High waisted skinnies with a long skimming my top is how I solve the muffin top conundrum. Nothing too empire cut or floaty (makes me look pregnant).

I have some long, thin v-neck sweaters and jersey tee-shirts that work quite well.

I like H&M's high waisted shaping skinnies + they're cheap and wash well.

Oysterbabe Tue 14-Mar-17 13:17:17

Thank You smile
High waist skinnies are indeed the answer. I always wrote them off as being for slim young things before but have just tried a load on and they are my best option.
The ones that suited my post childbirth body best were high waisted super skinnies from Debenhams. The name of the cut is Heidi, which is my DD's name, showing that the universe has a sense of humour about it at least.

Rocket1982 Tue 14-Mar-17 13:27:42

I have the same problem and recently bought this belt www.amazon.co.uk/d/Womens-Belts/Tights-Up-stretchy-comfortable-Adjustable/B01HDUKYKA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489497918&sr=8-1&keywords=Invisibelt&tag=mumsnetforum-21 it's not perfect- you do still get some slippage, but it reduced a lot, and it doesn't show under clothes.

hiphopthehip Tue 14-Mar-17 15:18:58

Topshop Joni. Ultimate high waisted skinnies. I have exactly the same shape 'challenges' as you and they have changed the way I'm able to dress. I love them.

Bodicea Tue 14-Mar-17 21:23:20

Fcuk - rebound leggings are amazing!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now