Talk

Advanced search

Is there anything I can do about vertical lines on my cheeks? Is the only remedy fillers?

(9 Posts)
Hadron21 Mon 13-Mar-17 12:32:43

When I smile I get really deep vertical lines on my cheeks. Is there anything I can do to remedy this or prevent further lines forming?
I'm not against having fillers or something similar if that would help.
Does anyone else have this problem?

SoOverItNow Mon 13-Mar-17 14:28:48

Me!! I'm noticing it so much now as I head towards 50...
Also lost facial volume. It's depressing. Some days I'm ok. Some days
I'm seriously considering getting fillers but, big but, I'm scared of the potential pain aspect. Plus I have no idea how to choose a good person to go to.

Friends go to beauticians and say come with me, but I'm scared it would go horribly wrong.

JohnCheese Mon 13-Mar-17 14:44:16

Do you mean extended crows feet or do you mean lines down the middle of your face, a bit like Al Pacino? (Sorry Al, am a big fan but 's truth)

Hadron21 Mon 13-Mar-17 15:40:12

No not extended crows feet. They are in the middle of my cheeks and sit outside the lines that run from my nose to the corners of my mouth when I smile.
I think filler is the only way to go but I am worried I'll look like a hamster.

JohnCheese Fri 17-Mar-17 10:44:25

Oh sorry, I'm a rubbish mumsnetter, I pop in and out and had forgotten I'd posted on this thread.
Yes, what you describe is a fat loss pattern of ageing (sounds awful said that way) and unfortunately the only remedy that I know of is fillers. Go to someone reputable, and you can chose the amount to fill. Maybe start with 0.5 ml each side (1ml in total) and see. You can always go back for more. The hamster/chipmunk look is usually way way over filled and is v easy to avoid.

Isobela Fri 17-Mar-17 10:48:34

Aren't these called Marionette lines?
Fillers / Botox is your only option sadly. I'm contemplating the same.

Wellhellothere1 Fri 17-Mar-17 12:42:24

Fillers are miracle workers! I've been getting them for the last decade and I'm very happy with the results. They soften the area you have injected and you won't end up looking like a hamster! Please, please don't go to a beautician if you decide to go for them. Go to either a doctor or nurse who has a lot of experience administering these injections.

JohnCheese Fri 17-Mar-17 23:28:19

Marionette lines are corners of mouth down the chin to the jaw. They can also drag down the corners of the mouth and can make people look a bit sad.
Here's a pic of Hermione Norris where you can see some marionettes. And nasolabial lines. Or this is quite a good article explaining the ageing face, fat loss pattern etc.

I think the OP is talking more about cheek hollows.

mumsoftwins Sat 18-Mar-17 00:16:27

I had this exact thing and then a blogger I follow had laser treatment and got it on hers and they disappeared. I can't remember the name of the place she went to but it's in london. Her name is AnnaEleri if you want to find her. Pretty sure she posted on her Instagram x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now