Talk

Advanced search

Female version of chinos and polo shirt

(2 Posts)
SallyInSweden Mon 13-Mar-17 11:39:33

I work in a professional technical environment, and am a bit bored of my work wardrobe.

The men typically wear chinos and a polo shirt or a relaxed shirt (never a tie). Customers for the most part would wear similar.

What would you see as the equivalent to this. Amongst the women Desigual is very popular, but I am a bit meh about the brand tbh.

I haven't been there very long and have some Esprit work wear which isn't Quite right.
Inspiration please!!

carrie74 Mon 13-Mar-17 12:05:06

I'd say cigarette trousers in black or navy, and some kind of top (a shirt or jersey top, maybe a pussy tie blouse to look a bit dressier). Desigual is too patterned for my tastes, have a look at J Crew for ideas - I think preppy would work.

I'm currently LOVING the pleated skirts that are around, there's a gorgeous blush coloured one in M&S with an asymmetric hem. Sounds grim, looks stunning.

Cos is also a good place to look (don't be put off by the website or the fact you think everything will look like a sack. It won't, the cuts are amazing). It's very popular in my company (media).

I'm lucky to be able to dress down at work, so wear jeans and trainers 99% of the time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now