Talk

Advanced search

What should I wear to a theme park in April?!

(13 Posts)
MrTumblesbitch Sun 12-Mar-17 21:50:18

I appreciate I sound hopeless with this, mostly because I am. I'm taking DS to disney in paris for his birthday and I just want to look okay in the photos. I'm sick of looking like crap and (single parent) holidays are one of the rare opportunities for us to have photos together.

The weather is likely to be changeable, and I will need sensible shoes. I usually wear my big all weather coat but I've just had some photos back where I look like a weeble and now I don't want to wear it.

I'm a 14/16, short with huge boobs, so looking good is a challenge at best of time. Gah, I am really struggling with this.

Can any one point me in direction of any clothes / outfit suggestions where I would look casual but also nice? I am actually on verge of tears trying to figure this out, hadn't realised I felt so crap about myself.

I like this sort of thing, but I would need a body transplant!

Thank you for any help you guys can offer flowers

AlexanderHamilton Sun 12-Mar-17 21:52:09

Thermals! Disney is freezing in April.

MrTumblesbitch Sun 12-Mar-17 21:54:57

Thermals it is then! Oh fuck, I don't stand a chance of making those buggers look okay in the photos :D

On a none jokey side, I was thinking layers..... lots and lots of layers..... in a way that won't make me mitchellinesque! Too much to ask for?!

mnpeasantry Sun 12-Mar-17 22:06:48

Uniqlo do cheap and very subtle thermals.

My advice would be sunglasses, skinny jeans, ankle boots with a low heel, wool jacket that sits on your bum or a statement bright yellow/orange/blue fisherman's anorak.

DrAbbyYates Sun 12-Mar-17 22:23:59

OK. First things first - do you wear a really good bra? Look at a bra intervention thread if not. It is a revelation.

Then I would suggest uniqlo heat tech for warm, thin layers.

Judydreamsofhorses Sun 12-Mar-17 23:05:35

The Uniqlo heat-tech thermals are great. I'd go for heat-tech top, shirt, thin jumper, jeans, trainers, leather biker, and foldaway cagoule type thing that you can shove in your bag. I always carry a hat that I can stick on too.

travailtotravel Sun 12-Mar-17 23:13:56

Trainers. There's a lot of walking!

PNGirl Sun 12-Mar-17 23:21:05

I'd wear skinnies with Dr Martens, hi top Converse or Adidas Superstars, long sleeved top (maybe Uniqlo heattech), and a nice hoodie in plain black or grey with a scarf. I'd normally say wear a leather jacket but not for water rides or potential April showers! Theme parks really aren't places for fashion - you'll end up bedraggled within an hour.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 13-Mar-17 00:23:02

Something to keep all your valuables about your person.
Cash/keys/cards

If you have a bag you have to leave it at the start of the ride, who's watching to make sure the people getting off the ride once you'e gone don't lift your bag?

DH and I were cramming things into pockets.

Obviously you'll need clothes as well......grin

Bubbinsmakesthree Mon 13-Mar-17 01:42:11

The weather could go either way in April so I think layers would be perfect. Thin Uniqlo thermals as a base layer just in case it is chilly so you don't need to add bulk. I'd go for a slightly tailored/structured light weight rain jacket on top - I have a navy duffle-style wax jacket which would work, a bit like this:

www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/m/waterproof-outdoor-technical-jackets/rain_coats/seafolly-short-lightweight-traditional-raincoat_squid_ink.htm

Add a nice bold bright scarf and converse-style trainers or ankle boots + decent jeans - skinnies or boyfriend style.

I8toys Mon 13-Mar-17 12:30:58

Lots of Layers - I took one padded coat and lighter jacket just in case, jeans and ankle boots. We went in April last year and one day it absolutely pissed it down.

jollyjester Mon 13-Mar-17 12:33:32

We went in April.

Weather was high teens low twenties.

Layers and very comfortable shoes. I did around 12k a day walking.

Sonotkylie Mon 13-Mar-17 14:43:45

Just back from shopping! Warehouse has a lovely bright yellow mac (I saw it in House of Fraser). Zara has smart (ish) navy and olive. Mango had navy and yellow. All would be pulled together but not overdressed. And a scarf you love and comfortable shoes or boots and you'll look great in the photos.
And yes, take layers. But don't forget that it can also be warm in April so make sure you have a t shirt or 2 as well as the thermals!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now