Talk

Advanced search

Red painful lumps that turn into spots on chin, any advice?

(9 Posts)
Freezingwinter Sun 12-Mar-17 20:32:41

Hi all. The past few months around the middle of my cycle I get one or two red bumps on my chin. They really hurt! A quick google told me they're called blind pimples and caused by dirt. However I am scrupulous about removing makeup and cleanse, tone and moisturise twice a day, I also use a really good exfoliator. The lumps are here for a few days, then either turn into a proper spot (rarely) or into a non painful red lump. I'm very pale so the red marks lasts ages! Any advice please? Thank you

TheElephantAndBun Mon 13-Mar-17 13:45:57

I use things called "dotz" - they're ​the only thing that has helped me so far. You can get them on eBay- quicker than finding them in a shop- and they cost £2 to £3 a pack. They are little clear patches which ease the pain and make them last less long. Will wait with you on advice for prevention- mine are definitely related to my cycle!

MinnieMinchkin Mon 13-Mar-17 13:49:36

I reckon they are hormonal, rather than related to dirt!! I get them, too. Don't squeeze them to encourage them to get a poppable head. It hurts and leaves marks that take ages to go away. Guess how I know this blush

Freezingwinter Mon 13-Mar-17 18:57:07

I'll look on eBay, thank you!

As soon as one starts I use a spot gel that was from home bargains of all places! It's really good and they rarely turn into proper spots but after the pain goes away I still have a big lump that's red and horrible for weeks after.

With you on being related to cycle. It's always around ovulation time.

TheElephantAndBun Mon 13-Mar-17 19:57:29

With you Minnie...

jumpinghoops Mon 13-Mar-17 20:19:43

Yes, I've had them a lot in the past. Have started to take 1000mg of evening primrose oil a day and haven't had one of them since doing this.

UncomfortableBadger Mon 13-Mar-17 20:27:59

I get these - Panoxyl (the 2.5% strength, NOT the 5% strength - you'll burn your face off) sorts them out pretty much overnight. Takes the swelling right down.

TheElephantAndBun Mon 13-Mar-17 20:30:03

This sounds interesting... www.zotheysay.com/how-to-deal-with-a-blind-pimple-and-teach-it-a-lesson-also/

misscph1973 Mon 13-Mar-17 20:45:10

Topical clove bud oil (dilute 1:1 with olive oil) has done wonders for me as well as the oil cleansing method. I also use a home made coffee scrub once a week (used (organic) coffee grains mixed with olive oil, fab stuff), but be gentle. Also 3 x weekly 16:8 fasting has made a real difference - the fasting gives your liver a break and the body gets into healing mode (and interestingly, according to traditional Chinese medicine, spots on the chin is a sign that the liver is not working as well as it should)

I used to get chin spots once a month, and I still do sometimes, but they are much less aggressive and never get to the whitehead stage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now