Talk

Advanced search

Can we have a t shirt thread?

(14 Posts)
hiphopthehip Sun 12-Mar-17 18:51:39

I'm desperate to find the perfect t shirt before summer arrives.

I'm an apple shape with decent legs but carry weight around my tummy <glares at DCs>. I am also pretty large of nork so I need something with a scoop or v neck that is not fitted but not a tent either. It must be longer in the body - things that finish on my hips make me look like a blimp.

I like muted colours; charcoals, lighter greys, khakis. Always wear skinny jeans and flats.

I love the trusty H&M £5.99 tees but they can be a bit short and clingy. Also tried the Hush slub tee - complete waste of money. Not found anything in Gap so far.

Any recommendations? Anyone found their perfect tee?

LadyOfTheCanyon Sun 12-Mar-17 19:21:51

F&F did some brilliant shell Ts a couple of years ago and I really miss them.
I need Ts that cover my tummy but only just. They need to hit on the hip because any longer and it sort of encloses my tummy and makes my bum/stomach look worse.
The H&M ones are the best I've found but I buy a size up as they shrink.

Danglingmod Sun 12-Mar-17 19:25:05

Ooh, I just bought a khaki slub/linen style t-shirt which fits this criteria: deep v-necked, quite long on the hips. Will check where from...

H&M!

RemusLupinsChristmasMovie Sun 12-Mar-17 19:30:24

I like Whistles but can only justify them in the sales. And I don't normally buy polyester but these M&S ones are lovely and drapey and the perfect length for me. Have only tried the black though and think paler colours would be see through.

hiphopthehip Sun 12-Mar-17 19:30:36

Good old H&M grin

hiphopthehip Sun 12-Mar-17 19:32:01

I like that M&S one.

I've also just remembered that I ordered about four different styles from ASOS to try. They all went back. Totally sheer, and ended somewhere just below my nipples.

KanyesVest Sun 12-Mar-17 19:39:54

I got one in Benetton recently, few different options and prices.

Lucked Sun 12-Mar-17 19:51:05

I like the Boden swing tee I don't see grey on the website but I have it in grey so perhaps they will get it for the summer. Obviously wait for a code or a sale.

hiphopthehip Sun 12-Mar-17 20:34:58

Love that boden one. Wonder how long it would be on me...

VeryPunny Sun 12-Mar-17 20:36:01

Uniqulo?

Lambzig Sun 12-Mar-17 20:52:05

Uniqlo - the modal ones in lots of colours. Very flattering.

Gah81 Sun 12-Mar-17 21:54:05

New Look used to do some great scoop neck t shirts. Also, for longer line ones, Baukjen are really good; a bit more expensive but the quality is superb.

bionicant Sun 12-Mar-17 21:55:50

quite like levi t shirts atm, would have suggested american apparel but they've gone now!

uniqlo might be good? quite like my french connection t shirts

Banananana Sun 12-Mar-17 22:00:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now