Talk

Advanced search

Can we have a t shirt thread?

(14 Posts)
hiphopthehip Sun 12-Mar-17 18:51:39

I'm desperate to find the perfect t shirt before summer arrives.

I'm an apple shape with decent legs but carry weight around my tummy <glares at DCs>. I am also pretty large of nork so I need something with a scoop or v neck that is not fitted but not a tent either. It must be longer in the body - things that finish on my hips make me look like a blimp.

I like muted colours; charcoals, lighter greys, khakis. Always wear skinny jeans and flats.

I love the trusty H&M £5.99 tees but they can be a bit short and clingy. Also tried the Hush slub tee - complete waste of money. Not found anything in Gap so far.

Any recommendations? Anyone found their perfect tee?

LadyOfTheCanyon Sun 12-Mar-17 19:21:51

F&F did some brilliant shell Ts a couple of years ago and I really miss them.
I need Ts that cover my tummy but only just. They need to hit on the hip because any longer and it sort of encloses my tummy and makes my bum/stomach look worse.
The H&M ones are the best I've found but I buy a size up as they shrink.

Danglingmod Sun 12-Mar-17 19:25:05

Ooh, I just bought a khaki slub/linen style t-shirt which fits this criteria: deep v-necked, quite long on the hips. Will check where from...

H&M!

RemusLupinsChristmasMovie Sun 12-Mar-17 19:30:24

I like Whistles but can only justify them in the sales. And I don't normally buy polyester but these M&S ones are lovely and drapey and the perfect length for me. Have only tried the black though and think paler colours would be see through.

hiphopthehip Sun 12-Mar-17 19:30:36

Good old H&M grin

hiphopthehip Sun 12-Mar-17 19:32:01

I like that M&S one.

I've also just remembered that I ordered about four different styles from ASOS to try. They all went back. Totally sheer, and ended somewhere just below my nipples.

KanyesVest Sun 12-Mar-17 19:39:54

I got one in Benetton recently, few different options and prices.

Lucked Sun 12-Mar-17 19:51:05

I like the Boden swing tee I don't see grey on the website but I have it in grey so perhaps they will get it for the summer. Obviously wait for a code or a sale.

hiphopthehip Sun 12-Mar-17 20:34:58

Love that boden one. Wonder how long it would be on me...

VeryPunny Sun 12-Mar-17 20:36:01

Uniqulo?

Lambzig Sun 12-Mar-17 20:52:05

Uniqlo - the modal ones in lots of colours. Very flattering.

Gah81 Sun 12-Mar-17 21:54:05

New Look used to do some great scoop neck t shirts. Also, for longer line ones, Baukjen are really good; a bit more expensive but the quality is superb.

bionicant Sun 12-Mar-17 21:55:50

quite like levi t shirts atm, would have suggested american apparel but they've gone now!

uniqlo might be good? quite like my french connection t shirts

Banananana Sun 12-Mar-17 22:00:29

The Boden one is long - need more as soon as there's a good code!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now