Talk

Advanced search

Help! Date in an hour

(8 Posts)
queenofawkward Sun 12-Mar-17 18:29:42

Please help me decide what to wear! I have a first date (met him online) in one hour.

I was completely heartbroken by a break up a while ago and have only felt ready to 'get out there' recently. I lost quite a lot of weight and a lot of my clothes don't fit me. I have a pair of skinnies that I panic bought today. What do I wear with them? I'm size 8, 5ft 2, very much pear shaped with chubby arms. Small but decent boobs. Date is in a local bar - nothing fancy and we are just having a drink.

MissisBoote Sun 12-Mar-17 18:31:38

Skinny jeans, ankle boots, fitted jumper.
Nice necklace.
Have fun grin

emilybrontescorset Sun 12-Mar-17 18:33:21

Hi I would wear a nice top and heels either shoes or boots whichever you feel most confident in.
I always think layers are easier so go for a blouse and cardigan or jacket rather than a thick jumper.
I'm sure you will be fine.
Hope it works out.

queenofawkward Sun 12-Mar-17 18:35:42

I've only got a couple of pairs of flat knee high boots, no ankle boots (I'm not keen on heels - its not really that kind of a bar and its a sunday night). Too casual do you think?!

Fruitboxjury Sun 12-Mar-17 18:40:15

It's as much about how you carry yourself as what you're wearing. If you feel like you've made a bit of an effort and walk in with confidence looking forward to the evening feeling great about the shape you're in, he will see that before he sees the clothes. My first impressions of people rarely involve what they were wearing, so wear something that makes you feel good. Hope it goes well!

Fruitboxjury Sun 12-Mar-17 18:41:03

Personally I would wear a casual outfit with a pair of heels, I always feel great in heels and they dress anything up

PrincessPlod Sun 12-Mar-17 18:43:07

Have fun on your date

Gah81 Sun 12-Mar-17 18:50:25

Jeans sound great. My thoughts: a pretty blouse or top (if you have decent boobs, can you go for something with a scoop neck i.e. wide so shows off your decollete without displaying cleavage?) and flats if you're not keen on heels and then a blazer/scarf?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now