Talk

Advanced search

Summer work trousers help

(19 Posts)
AngelicCurls Sun 12-Mar-17 17:19:45

I'm after a pair of navy ankle length work trousers in a light material, preferably chino style. I bought a couple of h&m ones but the chino style that were a perfect fit had knees in them after about 30secs so they're going back and the stretchier kind feel too polyestery and like I'll boil in them. Ideally want slim fit and not hemmed funny at bottom so I can roll them up

Iamastonished Sun 12-Mar-17 17:22:37

That sounds like the kind of thing I am after as well. So I am joining this thread to see what is suggested.

AngelicCurls Sun 12-Mar-17 17:29:32

Hope you have better luck than I have so far- ordered 5 pairs from h&m and every single one is going back sad

Lucked Sun 12-Mar-17 17:32:41

Esprit have lots of chinos

user1471545174 Sun 12-Mar-17 18:57:07

Next have good lightweight chinos for £22, in cotton, navy is one of the colours and it's not a bad navy either.

fredabear Sun 12-Mar-17 18:59:27

gap

EmmaC78 Sun 12-Mar-17 19:07:53

French Connection possibly. I got some from there in black which are perfect. I can't remember if they had them in blue.

JohnCheese Sun 12-Mar-17 19:17:24

Second the Gap recommendation. They do some every summer.

Floisme Sun 12-Mar-17 19:37:22

I think trousers are mostly about fit so recommendations don't always work but I've tried a lot of chinos on lately and M&S were as good as any.

You may not fancy trying H&M again but they did some good cotton mix slim leg trousers last year which, for reasons best known to themselves, they described as 'slacks'. I also like their new wide leg cropped chinos but don't think they do them in navy.

AngelicCurls Sun 12-Mar-17 19:40:49

I know fit is important but I'm also after a pair that don't sag after 5 minutes wear, which the h&m chinos did. Will try gap and m&s thanks, wouldn't have bought have looking in marks

Iamastonished Sun 12-Mar-17 19:46:24

I had some Wallis chinos that sagged. They got consigned to the charity bag.

Unfortunately all the Gap stores near me have closed and I won't buy trousers I can't try on in a shop. There is a Gap outlet about half an hour away, but it is an outlet and doesn't always have what I want.

Floisme Sun 12-Mar-17 20:08:39

My branch of Gap closed too and I'm still sulking so they won't be getting any business from me.

AngelicCurls Sun 12-Mar-17 20:09:47

Are the gap/m&s ones non saggy?

JohnCheese Sun 12-Mar-17 21:14:29

Oh Flo is right. Last year I had H&M ones! They were great and cheap as chips. Never went knee- or bum-saggy. Im sure they do them every year.
I find trousers nigh on impossible but in fairness to Gap, they've been a good fit. There is an initial 'guess my size' dance - the answer to that is usually a size down. They are good.

fredabear Sun 12-Mar-17 21:20:19

h&m ones like these hold their shape v well

SwedishEdith Sun 12-Mar-17 21:22:46

Uniqlo do them every year.

AngelicCurls Sun 12-Mar-17 21:27:41

Thanks fredabear I tried those on but they were too polyestery for me.have got some gap ones in my basket now, thanks all

KanyesVest Sun 12-Mar-17 21:50:45

Just got some Benetton ones that are lovely and good colours.

BradleyPooper Mon 13-Mar-17 02:35:04

I wear Boden bistro crops year round (I live in a warm country). They are perfect for curvy figures, I have them in black and blue, they are super versatile, easy to wash and iron and always look smart. A touch of stretch means they don't look crumpled unlike 100% cotton.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now