Body exfoliator recommendations please

(22 Posts)
FarEndOfTether Sun 12-Mar-17 14:39:24

Shockingly in my stockpile of bulk-bought 3for2 toiletries I don't have any more body exfoliator (I do have enough shower gel to
last until 2087 however).
Can anyone recommend a good one? Thank you!

abc12345 Sun 12-Mar-17 14:56:41

I like the lush sea salt one

HellYeh Sun 12-Mar-17 14:58:49

The Sanctuary sea salt one, is amazing

caterpuller Sun 12-Mar-17 14:59:47

I just use my regular shower gel and exfoliating gloves.

shadesofwinter Sun 12-Mar-17 16:23:44

My lovely MIL bought me some exfoliating gloves last year and they were more effective on my skin than any scrub I've tried. I must get some more!

WipsGlitter Sun 12-Mar-17 17:00:14

Coming on to say gloves as well!! They're fab and don't leave the bath all gritty!!

dementedma Sun 12-Mar-17 17:02:08

Lush Buffy bar, or a homemade scrub of sea slat and coconut oil.

dementedma Sun 12-Mar-17 17:02:21

Sea salt!

CaoNiMartacus Sun 12-Mar-17 17:14:40

I like the Soap & Glory one in the tub with the pink lid. Zesty.

bagelbaby Sun 12-Mar-17 20:40:07

Gloves. Wish I'd bought them earlier. Plus some exfoliators contain plastic beads which are causing massive damage to our seas.

WellTidy Sun 12-Mar-17 20:45:51

Soap and Glory the scrub of your life is by far the best body exfoliator I have ever tried and I have tried loads. I stockpile it. But before I buy again, I will check that it doesn't contain those microbeads that are soon to be banned because they're awful for the enironment, good chain etc.

JeffJarrett Sun 12-Mar-17 20:54:39

I love the Soap & Glory scrub of your life too. I love that it's sort of foamy and spreads better. Also the Lush Ocean Salt, and for extra fancy times my very favourite is Elemis Lime and Ginger glow. So lovely.

I use a Salux cloth with shower gel too. That gives nice daily exfoliation.

AlfaMummy Sun 12-Mar-17 20:54:52

Liz Earle one is lovely. But try body brushing.

Muppet7410 Mon 13-Mar-17 07:36:43

I've made my own before with sea salt and olive oil.

mowglik Mon 13-Mar-17 09:53:47

In order of effectiveness - for exfoliation nothing beats an italy cloth/glove on wet (not shower gelled) skin.. You will see rolls of skin come off and no more flakey dry skin!

Olive oil plus sea salt is also very scrubby.

For a pampering body scrub that smells nice the sanctuary one is great.

FreeButtonBee Mon 13-Mar-17 10:03:34

Soap and glory scrubby gloves

REn salt scrub when I am feeling flush. Rub onto dry skin, scrub all over then dampen hands and scrub again then rinse off under shower. Beautiful skin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 13-Mar-17 11:13:37

Oooh I don't like the gloves they leave my skin jumpy and itchy sad

Bodyshop Pink Grapefruit is my No1 choice. Doesn't leave my skin coated like some oily ones do. Smells amazing too.

VioletHornswaggle Mon 13-Mar-17 11:39:05

Splosh of olive oil and couple of tablespoons of caster (or granulated if you need it) sugar. Scrub all over after washing, then rinse off and towel dry. Lovely soft skin.

45DegreestoReality Mon 13-Mar-17 18:55:37

I like scrubbing mits, but seem to get through them so quickly. Maybe I'm scrubbing too hard! Little bits of thread everywhere...
I've started using exfoliating bars, and so far my favourite is "Mechanic" by Lush. It's got pumice through the bar. Satisfyingly scratchy, with a lovely scent, and it lasts bloomin ages. I find I need to moisturise afterwards though.

dailystuck71 Mon 13-Mar-17 19:02:42

The best recommendation I had on here was the soap and glory scrub mits. I just use those with shower gel. Fabulous.

Mytribeof3 Tue 14-Mar-17 13:14:26

How often should I be exfoliating? Also should I be taking the time to moisture all over my body as this is something I tend to only do in the summer when my body is more exposed!

pandorawithtreaclecolouredhair Tue 14-Mar-17 17:09:48

Another recommendation for dry body brushing before bath or shower.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now