Talk

Advanced search

Serious bra help needed!!

(28 Posts)
zippyswife Sun 12-Mar-17 13:51:25

After 3 dcs I am left with sad empty sagging boobs. I have desperately been trying to find a bra that fits and doesn't gape or just wrinkle up my boobsblush. Within the past week I have been measured 3 times. The first time she seemed really clueless and after initially starting with a 30d finished saying I was "between 34-36b/c sizes".
The second time the woman seemed really good. She said I was a 30e or 30dd in some brands but they didn't have anything in my size in the shop as I'd need a balcony due to my empty boob issue.
The third time they didn't have any size 30 so she convinced me into a 32dd and they didn't have balcony so I came away with a strapless one that doesn't fit well eitherconfused.

All bras that are full/plunge just gape so it seems I do need the balcony. I return to work tomorrow from maternity leave and I feel like a shower of shite as my underwear doesn't even fit. I know there are bigger problems but if anyone could help I'd be massively grateful!!

Melstarrynight Sun 12-Mar-17 13:57:39

Where did you get measured? The only place, other than independent shops, that measures properly is bravissimo. Try joining the boob of busy bra measuring group on Facebook. There is so much good advice on there.

zippyswife Sun 12-Mar-17 14:12:39

I went to two different Debenhams and a house of Fraser. I'll look and see if there's a bravissimo near me.

SwedishEdith Sun 12-Mar-17 14:19:03

I'd just try a selection on in M&S or JL. I managed to get 2 that fitted in M&S last week but not a big selection of balcony style (I need the same). I also need wider straps at the sides. Needed to try on about 10 and ended up with 2 of different sizes. Go by the measurement under the bust and pick a selection of cup sizes.

TittyGolightly Sun 12-Mar-17 14:20:11

M+S bras are total shit though. And they have their own sizing.

SwedishEdith Sun 12-Mar-17 14:24:53

They're not if they fit. They're like anywhere else.

iseenodust Sun 12-Mar-17 14:28:33

Try some of the Rosie Huntington balcony style in M&S. Wear & wash well.

Iamastonished Sun 12-Mar-17 14:33:27

"M+S bras are total shit though"

No they're not. Their measuring service is rubbish, but the bras themselves are very good. You just need to get measured elsewhere first, or measure yourself using the excellent advice from here

TittyGolightly Sun 12-Mar-17 14:39:18

They don't follow standard sizing though!

Iamastonished Sun 12-Mar-17 14:41:28

I am not aware of that. I am comfortable in a 32B from M and S and Debenhams. And yes, that is my correct size.

Glossolalia Sun 12-Mar-17 14:49:57

Try the Boob or Bust Facebook group.

I wore a 34F pre preganancy and a 32E afterwards. My BOB measurement is a 28G and the bra is incredibly supportive. I feel annoyed at myself for wearing the wrong bra size for so many years!

I buy my bras in Bravissimo. They wear well, not cheap though.

SwedishEdith Sun 12-Mar-17 14:56:10

"They don't follow standard sizing though!"

No idea what standard sizing is but doubt many bodies follow it either.

SorrelForbes Sun 12-Mar-17 15:03:54

M&S miss out some of the double letters in their size range e.g. no FF or GG in many styles. There have also been quality issues with bands not measuring the correct length e.g. a 28 measuring only 24 when fully extended.

They hold a very limited stock in store and there really isn't much choice if you're a 28 - 32 band.

SorrelForbes Sun 12-Mar-17 15:05:36

And yes, measure yourself following the link above.

TittyGolightly Sun 12-Mar-17 15:08:51

No idea what standard sizing is but doubt many bodies follow it either.

As Sorrel says, they miss out several of the doubles, so a F cup is really an EE, G is really F etc.

DragonNoodleCake Sun 12-Mar-17 15:22:11

I agree - I'm a completely different size in M&S and they are just not comfy.

Debenhams and Bravissimo are my staple places at a 34FF

You want the back to be firm - so the stamps are not doing any of the holding up

Balconette styles do sound good for you

SwedishEdith Sun 12-Mar-17 15:30:18

I find there's not much choice anywhere if you're a 32 or narrower back and a smaller cup size. Bravissimo are no good for me, for instance.

TittyGolightly Sun 12-Mar-17 15:31:24

I'm bigger than anything M+S do. But even at DD they were awful.

sleepdep Sun 12-Mar-17 15:35:44

I would totally recommend Boux avenue, only place I've been measured correctly I have the same issues as you and at a 30DD struggle to find anywhere that sells my size! They really spend time making sure it's the correct size/style and if you get home and change your mind it's fine to return (even if worn if you don't find it fits right)

Iamastonished Sun 12-Mar-17 15:42:07

"and there really isn't much choice if you're a 28 - 32 band."

There is loads of choice of 32 band bras in the Meadowhall branch, well plenty for me anyway.

SorrelForbes Sun 12-Mar-17 15:50:39

There is loads of choice of 32 band bras in the Meadowhall branch, well plenty for me anyway Sadly, not if you're above an E/F cup

Iamastonished Sun 12-Mar-17 15:51:06

I am only a B cup sad

cannaethink Sun 12-Mar-17 16:24:24

Try Freya bras. John Lewis stock them. I'm an empty 30f and find they work wonders! Pricey but there's plenty online on sale sites like brastop etc once you know the size and style you need.

Castleonacloud Sun 12-Mar-17 16:31:15

I do not rate Bravissimo at all. I was convinced by them to buy a bra that was 2 sizes too small on the back. I went back as I wasn't convinced. I showed them the marks the bra was leaving, it ended up cutting me and leaving scars. Sent the photos to their customer service dept who weren't interested. I've always found Debenhams and la sensa to be good and my sis swears by Boux Avenue as she has a small back.

zippyswife Sun 12-Mar-17 19:31:28

Thanks all. I might give m&s a go and boux avenue. I can't believe how difficult this is proving!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now