Talk

Advanced search

talk to me about hot cloth cleansing please

(12 Posts)
witwootoodleoo Sun 12-Mar-17 12:47:42

Possibly a numpty question... but when hot cloth cleansing unless you remove your makeup first how do you stop the cloths looking really skanky? I tried it for a while and my skin loved it but despite regular washing the cloths just looked grim which was really off putting. Am I missing something?

HellYeh Sun 12-Mar-17 15:01:04

I just use a normal fac cloth, I don't like the ones that you get with the cleaners.

Pancakeflipper Sun 12-Mar-17 15:05:51

I just wash them in with the whites and they come out fine. Think mine are Liz Earle ones. They lose their shape a bit but my mother assures me that don't happen if you iron them. Bonkers woman.

MrsDoylesTeabags Sun 12-Mar-17 15:07:52

I've started to use just normal face flannels too. Much prefer them

Saireyesis Sun 12-Mar-17 15:11:09

I bought normal white face cloths (about 10,) I only use them twice (one a day, morning and night) then they get put aside for washing. They get a hot wash along with towels and a squirt of bleach which keeps them nice and white.

LadyOfTheCanyon Sun 12-Mar-17 16:24:02

Use a dark colour flannel! I buy them ( dark grey) in bulk from IKEA - one a day and chucked in with the towel boil wash at the end of the week. I take the bulk of my make up off with micellar water first so the HCC is purely for my skin. If you're talking all your make up off with cloths they will look properly skanky sharpish.
Flannels are 100% superior to the ridiculous dishcloths you get with products in my opinion as they exfoliate as well as remove the product.

Cakescakescakes Sun 12-Mar-17 16:28:21

Yup I take off eye make make up with micellar water first then use a normal face cloth. I use a clean one each time and have coloured ones so they don't look manly with make up.

Cakescakescakes Sun 12-Mar-17 16:28:35

Manky not manky obviously

Cakescakescakes Sun 12-Mar-17 16:28:53

Manly ggrrrrrrrrr autocorrect

pandorawithtreaclecolouredhair Sun 12-Mar-17 18:04:08

My Liz Earle cloths come up fine in a hot white wash.
As a PP said, they just go a bit misshapen, but that doesn't matter.

Liiinoo Sun 12-Mar-17 18:10:50

I find hot cloth cleaners make my fair, middle aged skin very blotchy but my DDs love them and change cloths daily so I wash a lot of white cloths, terry ones and the lighter cheese cloth ones. They go in with DH's cotton shirts on a 90 or 6- degree wash and come up as white as an old fashioned nappy advert!

witwootoodleoo Sun 12-Mar-17 23:21:27

Thanks all. So my options appear to be to buy lots of darker cloths (temptingly low effort) or buy lots of flannels and then boil wash them with some bleach. The former is tempting for sheer ease but then the latter might actually encourage me to boil wash occasionally which I hear is good for your washing machine? I never venture above 40 normally as I'm terrified of shrinking things

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now