Talk

Advanced search

How should I store my jewellery?

(7 Posts)
RevealTheHiddenBeach Sun 12-Mar-17 09:04:48

My jewellery is pretty much all silver. Maybe 6 or 7 necklaces, 15 pairs of earrings. I want to store it so it doesn't tarnish, but also not where putting it away is so much of a faff that I just dump stuff on the windowsill.

What should I be doing with it? I have the boxes that some stuff came in but having them around just feels like clutter...

ChishandFips33 Sun 12-Mar-17 09:53:43

Can't help with necklaces but I store my earrings in clear craft boxes from The Range - practical rather than pretty but keeps them dust free.

There's loads of different sizes so they can be compact to fit a range of spaces

They can be tipped up without spilling in to the next compartment so I have them stored on their side in my dresser drawer.

Toffeelatteplease Sun 12-Mar-17 15:50:30

Silver will tarnish however you store it if you don't wear it. Best thing for sliver if it is tarnished is to gently rub it between your fIngers.

ChishandFips33 Sun 12-Mar-17 17:54:23

Sorry, forgot to add the pic!

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sun 12-Mar-17 20:26:11

I have my necklaces hung on hangers in my wardrobe.
My earrings are on a pin cushion on my dressing table.
My rings and brackets are on in my draw.

MrsT2007 Sun 12-Mar-17 21:10:23

Buy some anti-tarnish tabs for the box. Airtight is best

joangray38 Mon 13-Mar-17 04:31:58

Ive just bought lots of silver cleaning bags (little draw string ones) in the Accessorize sale. Plan on putting one necklace per bag as I am fed up of untangling them all when I want too wear them. I can also give them a quick clean before I take them out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now