Talk

Advanced search

Style rut - help please

(7 Posts)
HopefullyDothButterNoParsnips Sun 12-Mar-17 07:11:14

I need to revamp my wardrobe a little completely and need some help.

I am size 14, 5 ft 6, with a curvy ass and thighs, thick waist and bit of a belly. I have a love hate relationship with jeans as a result tend to buy looser fitting tops which I think make me look bigger!

Pros are I have good hair, nice coloring and always have nice makeup/ well groomed etc. I'll try to find a pic of my shape if that helps.

I really need to get some new clothes. What can I buy that isn't going to make me look like a heffer?

I normally shop in oasis, warehouse, coast and ted baker but I don't have a particular style as such. Thanks in advance!

HopefullyDothButterNoParsnips Sun 12-Mar-17 07:27:07

This is me. The first pic is more recent. I'm a bit fatter than the second pic now 😳

I have hardly any pics of me in jeans as I never wear them so that's the best I can do for now.

WipsGlitter Sun 12-Mar-17 07:52:11

Lovely dress in the first pic!!

iloveuihateu Sun 12-Mar-17 07:54:24

I also love the dress in the first pic. I'm sure some more seasoned S&B types will be here soon to help more than that!

One thing I've found useful to define my style is to have a Pinterest board where I pin looks that I love.

Okfine Sun 12-Mar-17 08:11:31

The dress suits you more than the top.

HopefullyDothButterNoParsnips Sun 12-Mar-17 08:14:37

Thanks - I think that dress is a warehouse number. I tend to wear those style of summer dresses. Agree re the top. That outfit wasn't the best really, loose trousers and tight top makes everything look worse. Will give Pinterest a whirl.

ChishandFips33 Sun 12-Mar-17 10:04:59

The dress gives you a completely different shape - you need more of those ...elongates you and you look great smile

The all over patter/brighter colour is good too and the shrug/cardi widened your shoulder area

The second pic focused my eye on your mid section - the tapered trousers make you appear wider in the middle and the plain top drew my eye in to your tummy area

I prefer capped sleeves to vest sleeves as vest ones make you appear narrow at the top and wider mid section

You could make the dresses more casual with a leather jacket, trainers etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now