Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Style rut - help please

(7 Posts)
HopefullyDothButterNoParsnips Sun 12-Mar-17 07:11:14

I need to revamp my wardrobe a little completely and need some help.

I am size 14, 5 ft 6, with a curvy ass and thighs, thick waist and bit of a belly. I have a love hate relationship with jeans as a result tend to buy looser fitting tops which I think make me look bigger!

Pros are I have good hair, nice coloring and always have nice makeup/ well groomed etc. I'll try to find a pic of my shape if that helps.

I really need to get some new clothes. What can I buy that isn't going to make me look like a heffer?

I normally shop in oasis, warehouse, coast and ted baker but I don't have a particular style as such. Thanks in advance!

HopefullyDothButterNoParsnips Sun 12-Mar-17 07:27:07

This is me. The first pic is more recent. I'm a bit fatter than the second pic now 😳

I have hardly any pics of me in jeans as I never wear them so that's the best I can do for now.

WipsGlitter Sun 12-Mar-17 07:52:11

Lovely dress in the first pic!!

iloveuihateu Sun 12-Mar-17 07:54:24

I also love the dress in the first pic. I'm sure some more seasoned S&B types will be here soon to help more than that!

One thing I've found useful to define my style is to have a Pinterest board where I pin looks that I love.

Okfine Sun 12-Mar-17 08:11:31

The dress suits you more than the top.

HopefullyDothButterNoParsnips Sun 12-Mar-17 08:14:37

Thanks - I think that dress is a warehouse number. I tend to wear those style of summer dresses. Agree re the top. That outfit wasn't the best really, loose trousers and tight top makes everything look worse. Will give Pinterest a whirl.

ChishandFips33 Sun 12-Mar-17 10:04:59

The dress gives you a completely different shape - you need more of those ...elongates you and you look great smile

The all over patter/brighter colour is good too and the shrug/cardi widened your shoulder area

The second pic focused my eye on your mid section - the tapered trousers make you appear wider in the middle and the plain top drew my eye in to your tummy area

I prefer capped sleeves to vest sleeves as vest ones make you appear narrow at the top and wider mid section

You could make the dresses more casual with a leather jacket, trainers etc

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: