Talk

Advanced search

Comfy, closed toe shoes that look stylish for summer? And is this a monstrosity?

(57 Posts)
herecomesthsun Sat 11-Mar-17 18:40:21

I am looking for shoes or sandals with covered toes. I would really like a bit of elevation under the heel, as its more comfortable and a nice, thick, fashionable-ish padded sole.

The best I found so far was this, is it terrible and have you any better ideas?

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 11-Mar-17 18:54:31

Why covered toes?

insomniaat4am Sat 11-Mar-17 19:01:30

These are what you need. Super comfy, well made, leather, lots of colours and more stylish. You can get flat ones too smile

insomniaat4am Sat 11-Mar-17 19:03:24

Just realised you said closed toe, but you can't actually see your toes when wearing these. They're called palmairas and have a website. Not massively cheap but I have them in 4 colours and they've lasted the last 3 years so far.

Beingrippedoff Sat 11-Mar-17 19:05:40

I'm going to watch this thread as I'm always looking for nice closed toe shoes. Can't stand having my toes exposed 😬

dnamummy Sat 11-Mar-17 19:07:50

May l suggest fitflops - if you look on their website they have some lovely closed toe shoes that I can testify are very comfy in some lovely pale and tan colours for the summer. Just bought 2 new pairs for myself (taking my total to over half a dozen) and also 2 pairs for my Mum who lives in hers

Silverstar2 Sat 11-Mar-17 19:07:52

Sketchers Go Walk 2 or 3. Super comfy, not totally flat, can wear without socks and chuck in washing machine. Loads of colours.

I have two pairs and LOVE them. I work in a school so am on my feet all day, they are great. Cost about 30 quid.

insomniaat4am Sat 11-Mar-17 19:10:38

I don't work for them honestly!!! But they do flat and wedges too. They look great with dresses, jeans, crop trousers etc. They're leather and breathable and are the only shoes that look great as day wear or evening wear with maxi dresses etc!

herecomesthsun Sat 11-Mar-17 19:11:03

We aren't supposed to have our toes out at work; I think it looks more professional; it means I don't have to worry about manicuring my toes and so on.

UncomfortableBadger Sat 11-Mar-17 19:46:29

Have you looked at Clarks & Geox - they're good for 'sensible' sandals.

WipsGlitter Sat 11-Mar-17 19:55:15

My mum would like them. She is 79.

user1486161908 Sat 11-Mar-17 20:02:06

Anybody know if those Palmeira sandals are suitable for wide feet/bunions? Like the look of them but they look narrow....

insomniaat4am Sat 11-Mar-17 20:29:48

I've got a bunion and because the leather is so soft they mould to the shape of your feet after a few wears. So on one side there's a bit of a bulge in the leather but they're still super comfy. I buy wide shoes in normal shops as my feet have spread since having kids and palmairas fit fine, think it's where the leather moulds again. They are genuinely one of the most comfy shoes I own!

Blogwoman Sat 11-Mar-17 20:44:04

Ooh I like the look of the Palmairas - not come across these before. I wonder how well they would fit with no adjustment possible on the strap? There seem to be lots of metallic shoes around for this spring - nice. I don't like the ones in your photo OP, sorry. Also seeking the Holy Grail of comfortable & stylish!

MrsPeel1 Sat 11-Mar-17 21:19:09

Look up addesso Lottie. They are by far the most comfie shoes I've ever worn. They are made from woven elastic so just match the shape of your feet. And they're machine washable. Loads of colours. I've had loads of compliments on mine - from all ages too.

RakingUpBadMemories Sat 11-Mar-17 21:26:27

Palmeiras just don't fit me (bit gutted about that, to be honest!). As Blogwoman says, the problem is the lack of adjustment. I have wide toes but narrow heels, so they fall off. (The ones I tried also squeaked, but maybe they don't all do that.)

LockedOutOfMN Sat 11-Mar-17 23:42:28

Taking up I've got triangle feet too but Sketchers fit me well (some styles are too wide at the heel but I've found several that aren't just by trying on various pairs in the shop). The sizes are generous though so you may need to drop down a size compared to other brands.

LockedOutOfMN Sat 11-Mar-17 23:43:13

Rakingup, I mean. (Spell check blush)

SisterMoonshine Sat 11-Mar-17 23:45:57

We have a no open toe policy at work and I've never really found anything I'm happy with.

CatsRidingRollercoasters Sat 11-Mar-17 23:54:02

Another vote for Palmairas! I have 2 pairs and absolutely love them. They are excellent quality and so comfortable.

When I went to order my second pair the website wouldn't let me order because everyone was off on holiday at a festival for a long weekend break. Proper small company!

Technically they're open toed but you can't see your toes at all.

I'm afraid the shoes in your picture are quite hideous. They look very comfy though!

herecomesthsun Sun 12-Mar-17 00:45:10

Ah. The palmairas look good -I like the black and white striped low wedge/flatformy ones. Many thanks.

However, I do have narrow heels on my big feet, so am a bit concerned about fit. Is the back strap elasticated?

How easy is it to return them if they don't fit?

ChocolateSherberts2017 Sun 12-Mar-17 02:12:16

Similar in style to the palmaira's but they're flatter so might not give you enough arch support. I need arch support so need something with a slight wedge/platform sole.

ChocolateSherberts2017 Sun 12-Mar-17 02:12:26

www.solillas.com

mowgelijeffs Sun 12-Mar-17 02:20:57

Superga Rose Gold metallic

LindyHemming Sun 12-Mar-17 04:46:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now