Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Wedding dress for big boobs! HELP

(6 Posts)
Yellowsummer Sat 11-Mar-17 16:50:15

5ft 6
Size 16-18
Big boobs

Please help I have no idea how to look nice because I usually coverhide under loose clothes!

Rainshowers Sat 11-Mar-17 17:56:49

Go and try on everything, even those you don't think will suit you. I have big boobs and am only just over 5ft but ended up with a strapless dress that actually didn't make my boobs look very big and had great support inside. Take someone with you who's opinion you trust if possible too.

user1483387154 Sat 11-Mar-17 17:58:18

I highly recommend the Sofia Tolli dresses, they are stunning and really suit ladies with curves.

thethoughtfox Sat 11-Mar-17 18:02:22

I got a Stewart Parvin dress. They do a custom service where they take your measurements and actually make the dress to your body shape rather than just order a larger size and then seriously alter it to fit. It cost an extra £400 over the price of the dress ( I think) but it was totally worth it. I'm sure lots of wedding dress designers offer this.

Waterlemon Sat 11-Mar-17 23:12:55

Go and try lots of different styles. I ended up with a style totally different to what I thought I would!

I have large boobs too, I wore a "long line bra" under my dress. It's a but like a corset, except it doesnt go down as far, just above my waist/belly button. It was far more comfortable and flattering than a traditional strapless bra. I would have loved a dress that wasn't strapless (mainly to avoid finding a bra) but at the time there was no other choice!

Have fun with your hunting!

herecomesthsun Sun 12-Mar-17 11:11:51

Underpinnings are important, I went to Rigby and Peller in London for mine.

I was keen to get a style with sleeves, so I could have a bra with straps. I tried on the bra with the bodice of the dress at Rigby and Peller, in fact, before buying it, to make quite sure I had the right one. They had a number of corsetry etc. options.

I also had a friend who was a seamstress add a little lace to the neckline of my dress, so that there was a bit less cleavage exposed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: