We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Wedding dress for big boobs! HELP

(6 Posts)
Yellowsummer Sat 11-Mar-17 16:50:15

5ft 6
Size 16-18
Big boobs

Please help I have no idea how to look nice because I usually coverhide under loose clothes!

Rainshowers Sat 11-Mar-17 17:56:49

Go and try on everything, even those you don't think will suit you. I have big boobs and am only just over 5ft but ended up with a strapless dress that actually didn't make my boobs look very big and had great support inside. Take someone with you who's opinion you trust if possible too.

user1483387154 Sat 11-Mar-17 17:58:18

I highly recommend the Sofia Tolli dresses, they are stunning and really suit ladies with curves.

thethoughtfox Sat 11-Mar-17 18:02:22

I got a Stewart Parvin dress. They do a custom service where they take your measurements and actually make the dress to your body shape rather than just order a larger size and then seriously alter it to fit. It cost an extra £400 over the price of the dress ( I think) but it was totally worth it. I'm sure lots of wedding dress designers offer this.

Waterlemon Sat 11-Mar-17 23:12:55

Go and try lots of different styles. I ended up with a style totally different to what I thought I would!

I have large boobs too, I wore a "long line bra" under my dress. It's a but like a corset, except it doesnt go down as far, just above my waist/belly button. It was far more comfortable and flattering than a traditional strapless bra. I would have loved a dress that wasn't strapless (mainly to avoid finding a bra) but at the time there was no other choice!

Have fun with your hunting!

herecomesthsun Sun 12-Mar-17 11:11:51

Underpinnings are important, I went to Rigby and Peller in London for mine.

I was keen to get a style with sleeves, so I could have a bra with straps. I tried on the bra with the bodice of the dress at Rigby and Peller, in fact, before buying it, to make quite sure I had the right one. They had a number of corsetry etc. options.

I also had a friend who was a seamstress add a little lace to the neckline of my dress, so that there was a bit less cleavage exposed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now