Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone tried 'Skinny Tan'

(18 Posts)
fiftyval Sat 11-Mar-17 13:14:51

I've just seen a suggested facebook post on this self tan product claiming it has none of the usual fake tan smell. I have never found a product without that smell. Even when at first the smell isn't there , It always develops.
Has anyone tried this product and was it ping free?

fiftyval Sat 11-Mar-17 13:16:18

That should read 'pong' free

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 11-Mar-17 14:23:29

I've tried Suntana, all the green based ones & Vani-t rapid and normal.

No smell of either. St Tropez on the other hand reeks.

fiftyval Sat 11-Mar-17 19:53:11

Thanks 'fluffy' - I agree about St Tropez too. It was very disappointing on the smell. I haven't seen Vani-t before so will look out for it.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 11-Mar-17 20:29:24

I think blue tanning & beauty are the only uk distributors for vani-t. They do a range of self tans.

It's not one you'll find in boots.

GuinefortGrey Sat 11-Mar-17 20:51:44

A very timely post which popped up just as I had finished liberally dousing myself in the stuff grin.
I'm off on a sunny holiday tomorrow and gave in to the constant Facebook not-so-subliminal advertising in desperation. I am rubbish at applying fake tan and this is the first time I have risked it in years.... wish me luck!
So far, I can report that it smells delicious and coconutty (DP commented on how nice I smelled!) and was seemingly easy to apply with a tanning mitt. I shall report further in the morning!

GenerationEx Sat 11-Mar-17 20:55:35

Following....

RevealTheHiddenBeach Sun 12-Mar-17 09:01:35

I am also curious about this stuff. I have never fake tanned before but the fb adverts are wearing me down!

SailAwaySailAwaySailAway Sun 12-Mar-17 09:03:58

The Body Shop used to do a gradual tan that didn't pong but they discontinued it.
Bastards.
So maybe it's possible?

bignamechangeroonie Sun 12-Mar-17 09:07:46

Also following

ShyOyster Sun 12-Mar-17 09:09:14

I've used skinny tan, tempted by the subtle advertising on Facebook. It's fab! I'm not very good with fake tan and quite pale. It doesn't stink of fake tan, no streaks and my skin feels lovely after.

fiftyval Sun 12-Mar-17 09:43:02

This all sounds promising - await GuinegfortGrey's update with much interest. I have used all sorts before but only on legs as they are slower to tan and I try not to spend too much time in the sun now.

jeaux90 Sun 12-Mar-17 09:59:07

The clarins one (the small bottles which you just put a few drops in your normal facial or body moisturiser) doesn't smell as bad as any other. Vague biscuit smell but I don't notice it really.

fiftyval Sun 12-Mar-17 11:17:09

I have the Clarins drops and used them last summer but still got the smell albeit weaker. I know that the smell is from the active ingredient- dha which is in all of the self tanners. An effective self tanner without dha would be a winner.

citykat Sun 12-Mar-17 16:55:00

I have a history of self tanning disasters but managed fine with skinny tan. It smells ok, was waaaay less streaky than others I have tried. I am a muppet with it so someone a bit competent should be fine with it.

Mooey89 Sun 12-Mar-17 16:56:55

Following!

GuinefortGrey Sun 12-Mar-17 23:04:54

I have a tan!!!!! It looks natural and I haven't spotted any streaks yet which is quite extraordinary for me. Even my knees don't look too bad and they usually look well dodgy with fake tan on . I'm really pleased with the result and will definitely use again. Smell wise there is a hint of biscuityness if I sniff my skin close up but really nothing like as strong as previous tanners I have used. Thumbs up from here!

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 13-Mar-17 07:02:12

grin

Moisturise twice a day now & avoid using sodium laurel sulphate in the shower.

DHA is very drying, it comes off quicker if you wash with strong detergents and don't use lotion.

I put foundation on my knees when I use lotion fake tan, it works really well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now