Talk

Advanced search

My poor skin!

(11 Posts)
MattBerrysHair Sat 11-Mar-17 07:20:04

My skin is really sore and sensitive at the moment. I work outside so it takes a beating from the elements, I have rosacea across my cheeks and a very oily t-zone that is prone to blocked pores and hormonal acne.

All the products for protection against sun/windburn give me zits, and all the products to clear pores give me rosacea! Does anyone have sensitive yet oily skin like my own and have you found a solution to keeping it clear and non-inflamed?

chanie44 Sat 11-Mar-17 07:28:15

La Roche posay effaclar duo comes highly recommended on here.

ThatsNumberWanggg Sat 11-Mar-17 07:33:08

La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume is good. Very soothing and I'm sure it's antibacterial so shouldn't cause breakouts. I always use it when it's been windy as my skin gets really sore around my nose.

ThatsNumberWanggg Sat 11-Mar-17 07:34:42

I only use it at night thought I should add as it's quite heavy.
Have a look at Skin Shop, their Kalme range is specially for rosacea and they have day moisturisers with SPF.

PosiePootlePerkins Sat 11-Mar-17 07:44:56

I feel your pain. My rosacea has improved hugely with Soolantra cream. Its a relatively new treatment which kills off mites living on the skin! Apparently those with rosacea have many more of these mites and that is what causes the inflammation. The redness is still there although not as bad, and my skin is the smoothest it has been in a long time. Also it has a moisturiser in it which has helped. I clean my face with Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and I use Cetaphil daily face moisturise in the morning.
Hope that helps a bit and good luck.

margaritasbythesea Sat 11-Mar-17 07:54:02

I am oily and have rosacea. It has been vastly improved by stopping using a foaming cleanser, not using any kind of abrasive cloth of scrub, washing my face in Luke warm water with cetaphil. I then use soolantra at night - you need to see your gp for that. I then moisturise with cetaphil, let it sink in completely then put on a broad spectrum high SPF suncream every day and throughout the day. My dermatologist explained that what you're trying to do is build a defence that your skin doesn't really have. He also threw lots of unpleasant words like ' chronic' and ' no cure' at me which I am choosing to ignore right now.

I haven't got on top of the shine completely or the rosacea but it is a lot better.

Having read a lot of threads about rosacea on here it seems that something different works for different people. I've given myself a year to be persistent and tweak things to find the right solution.

Jmangel Sat 11-Mar-17 07:57:52

Huuuuge second for Soolantra - don't mess about with skincare regimes just go to your GP - life changing.

margaritasbythesea Sat 11-Mar-17 08:59:29

I agree. Skincare alone isn't going to do it but I think using skincare in a way that protects rather than damages is an important support for the treatment.

MattBerrysHair Sat 11-Mar-17 11:43:40

Thanks so much for the recommendations! I'll be making an appointment with my gp smile

RiverdaleJughead Sat 11-Mar-17 12:34:27

Lush 9-5 cleanser and breath of god toner x not sure about sunscreen but with my eczema and spotty 21year old forehead and bookmarking for suggestions x suns giving me wrinkles rrr

RiverdaleJughead Sat 11-Mar-17 12:35:13

Oh and I second the cetaphil cream it's incredible

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now