Talk

Advanced search

Need a dress for a wedding...help!

(6 Posts)
halfbuffy Fri 10-Mar-17 23:11:55

I'm going to a wedding next weekend and I'm 28 weeks pregnant. I had got a dress from ASOS but it's a strange length (I'm just over 5 foot so it's ended up being mid-shin even though it's meant to be a petite dress) and I don't like the way it hangs off the bump.

Ideally I want something that looks kind of fitted, maybe with sleeves (although not fussed as I can wear a jacket). Potentially a maxi dress or on the knee, I don't mind.

I've had a look at ASOS for alternatives but they're not floating my boat....any other suggestions of places I can look?

calzone Fri 10-Mar-17 23:23:35

Next have some lovely maternity wear.

okilydokily Fri 10-Mar-17 23:30:42

I have a navy JojoMamanBebe dress with beads/sequins around the neckline, which I'm more than happy to let you have? I'm 5 foot 2 and I had the dress altered to fit me. It sits on or just slightly above the knee. It's really flattering! I'll try to find pics.....

halfbuffy Fri 10-Mar-17 23:59:44

@okilydokily that's so kind of you, it sounds lovely! Are you absolutel ysure you don't need it?

I'm just struggling with feeling a bit....gloopy! My bump seems to have had a growth spurt and the daily ice creams have all lodged themselves onto the upper half of my body!

okilydokily Sat 11-Mar-17 00:12:56

No problem at all, it'd be great if someone else got some wear out of it. I wore it to a wedding when I was 6 months pregnant with my youngest. We're not planning on any more babies! PM me your address and I'll post it to you either tomorrow or Monday. x

halfbuffy Sat 11-Mar-17 06:07:31

Thank you so much! I can't work out how to pm you on the app so I'll do it on my desktop a little later, just avoiding moving too much so I don't wake up our dog, otherwise I'm up for the day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now