Talk

Advanced search

Tubing mascara removal for super sensitive eyes please

(16 Posts)
leadrightfoot Fri 10-Mar-17 21:39:45

So finally found a tolerable mascara that doesn't make my eyes sting, stays on my lashes without flaking and looks ok without big clumps
Now I need to get it off
Botanicals 2 phase stuff and similar stings like billyo so what can I try?
Price not really an issue, ease of use and ability to purchase is super critical
I don't do other make up forms so an overall cleanser solution would be good.
I also don't do complicated so slap on, give it a rub, wipe off will work but not multi product in sequence taking forever (v low boredom threshold coupled to stupid work travel schedule so needs to be mini bottle friendly)
Eyes are the hyper sensitive bit, but skin also gets irritated quite easily (like its owner) with perfumed overly complicated products and will eithe dry up, break out or both if provoked

Bloomed Fri 10-Mar-17 21:43:24

I have to use tubing mascara. I just use a hot damp flannel placed over lashes for a few seconds. The mascara tubes just roll off.

DaffodilSunshine Fri 10-Mar-17 21:46:29

What mascara is it? I've used a few different tuning mascaras and they were all designed to come off with warm water and some light pressure

jalopy Fri 10-Mar-17 21:47:52

Yes, tubing mascara normally comes off with warm water.

AppleMagic Fri 10-Mar-17 21:48:04

I also just use warm water.

leadrightfoot Sat 11-Mar-17 08:30:41

It's a Lancôme one in a purple tube I will try warm water method but didn't seem to remove it all last time.
Thanks

Wolpertinger Sat 11-Mar-17 09:23:22

Proper tubing should come off with just warm water.

I bought Boots No7 Stay Perfect after a lot of recommendations on here and it does indeed stay on, no clumps and easy to take off.

IHaveBrilloHair Sat 11-Mar-17 09:27:09

Warm water gets rid of the blinc mascara I use

abc12345 Sun 12-Mar-17 13:13:20

I use the red/white loriel one it's great and comes off with warm water easily

Itsmeitscathy Sun 12-Mar-17 13:17:22

I'm another for stay perfect - comes off with warm water whether you want it to or not!

FrustratedFrugal Sun 12-Mar-17 13:20:14

No 7 Stay Perfect here too, I moisten it with Bioderma micellar and a splash of water and after a few seconds, it comes off. A washcloth helps.

Nan0second Sun 12-Mar-17 13:22:18

Lancôme the blue one that you have to shake first. It's very mild. You can usually get trial sizes off eBay too

greedygorb Sun 12-Mar-17 13:28:04

I use this. www.garnier.co.uk/skin-care/beauty/garnier/essentials/express-2-in-1-eye-makeup-remover
I am allergic to so many mascaras and eye make up removal stuff. I have only 2 mascaras I can use. I use micellar water to remove make up but it doesn't remove all mascara etc. So I tried loads of different sorts. This has been fine so far and I've been using it for a few months. It's nice and cheap so even if it's no use it won't break the bank.

humanfemale Sun 12-Mar-17 14:33:01

I have the exact same problem. This one is awesome, and affordable.

Attaching picture as I've been mis-sold tubing mascaras which aren't really tubing mascaras at all! As pps have said, this just needs a really good wetting and the mascara will literally fall off your lashes. Doesn't smudge, ever.

mintmagnummm Sun 12-Mar-17 15:21:16

You have to use hand hot water and instead of swiping to the side swipe downwards and it literally pulls the tubes off.

AngelicCurls Sun 12-Mar-17 17:14:41

Warm water on flannel so it's quite soggy, hold on lashes a few secs then swipe downwards, repeat a few time and jobs a good 'un

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now