Talk

Advanced search

Cold ankles and sweaty feet

(7 Posts)
bananafish81 Fri 10-Mar-17 12:02:25

I've always worn high top trainers and skinnies, but as is the fashion, I've got myself some fab Stan Smith trainers, and really fancy some gazelles - but I have a sock dilemma. The fashion is for 7/8 trousers - and even with normal length (with or without a slight cuff) the ankle grazers still show off a bit of ankle (as in these photos of some rocking outfits with Stan Smiths)

I wear my Stans and brogues with ankle grazers with funky socks - but I love the bare ankle look. However even if I grit my teeth and bare the breeze, my feet get a bit sweaty and don't create the loveliest sensation in the trainers (paranoid about them getting whiffy or breeding ground for nasties!)

Trainer socks always end up riding up and pinging off the back of my ankle and bunching up underneath (plus you can always see them anyway!). The only solution I've found is to wear a pop sock, which runs the danger of getting a bit Nora Batty!!

What are your top tips for a bare ankle - are there better trainer socks I should be trying? Or just grin and bear sweaty feet and keep them scrupulously sprayed with anti fungal stuff?!

ilovecherries Fri 10-Mar-17 12:23:14

This is the question I ask myself every Spring, and have never found the answer. I can't stand bare feet inside shoes - as you say, they sweat and I inevitable get blisters and skinned toes and heels. Plus I've never found sock liners that stay on (size 8 feet so the universal size 4-8 ends up too small).

NearlyChristmasNow Fri 10-Mar-17 14:14:10

You could try trainer socks with pom poms which hold the socks in place better.
www.directgolf.co.uk/nike-dri-fit-pom-pom-ladies-socks-369715
Not sure how cool that would look though smile

seefeld Fri 10-Mar-17 14:21:35

I've got these shoe liners from Esprit. They have a silicone grip to keep them in place and are cut low enough not to show when I'm wearing my Stan Smiths Esprit

bananafish81 Fri 10-Mar-17 21:00:44

Ooh will check out the esprit ones! Nike ones are pretty groovy although a slightly different look grin

PNGirl Fri 10-Mar-17 21:48:32

Converse brand trainer socks from TK Maxx work for me. They don't ping and are nice and thick to avoid any sweaties.

Tisgrand Sat 11-Mar-17 02:25:21

You could just get some odour absorbing insoles, lots of different brands and prices but not expensive. I don't have particularly sweaty feet but would worry about smells. These insoles are usually dark grey, I think they contain charcoal. The dark colour looks better in the shoes than regular white insoles, if you're slipping them off in company.

Strangely I find that actually my ankles don't actually feel cold once my feet are covered by shoes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now