Talk

Advanced search

I bought a cold shoulder dress - will it look dated soon?

(17 Posts)
MooMinCow Fri 10-Mar-17 09:51:05

This dress from Topshop. I love the colour and length, but will it look dated if I wear it in 6 months from now? I'm not generally a fan of the whole exposed shoulder thing, but it's rare for me to find a dress that I like!

StereophonicallyChallenged Fri 10-Mar-17 09:54:35

I don't understand how that is exposed shoulders confused

anametouse Fri 10-Mar-17 09:55:28

Yeah it will but does that matter if you love it now?'most fashion dates quickly

StereophonicallyChallenged Fri 10-Mar-17 09:56:05

But in answer to your question, if it is one of those exposed shoulder dresses, then yes, I think they will date very quickly.

If you like it though...wear it grin

anametouse Fri 10-Mar-17 09:56:18

You need to flick though other pictures stereo smile

MooMinCow Fri 10-Mar-17 09:59:47

Yes, if you flick through you can see how it looks on the model.

It's my birthday in a few months and fancied wearing it out then... all other midi dresses I see at the moment are very fussy with ruffles and florals - I don't 'do' flouncy!

anametouse Fri 10-Mar-17 10:00:16

It'll be fine in a few months smile

Floisme Fri 10-Mar-17 10:02:10

I think you've got longer than 6 months but trends that are about details (cold shoulder) normally date much faster than a shape or silhouette.

I like the dress - normally I'm not a fan of the look but that looks quite classy. If you can afford it and you'd wear it a lot then I'd go for it.

WindwardCircle Fri 10-Mar-17 10:07:14

I think you'll be okay in it for this year, the shops are still full of cold shoulder tops and dresses, but it will date once the trend is done.

It's a shame as it's a nice dress and the cut out shoulders don't look out of place. Most of the cold should stuff looks like the cut out bits are just an after thought to make it on trend.

MooMinCow Fri 10-Mar-17 10:10:22

Floisme - yes, classy is what I was going for with a hint of sexy grin. I always stick to black or blues, but the colour really caught me eye. I'm dark skinned and dark haired so think I can carry it off?

retainertrainer Fri 10-Mar-17 11:01:50

If you like something and feel good wearing it then there shouldn't be a time limit.

Flisstizzy Fri 10-Mar-17 19:32:56

Maybe, but just wear it loads now to get loads of wear out of it. Love the colour

BellonaBelladonna Fri 10-Mar-17 20:22:31

I love that. You sound like you will look amazing with your colouring.

I dont think it will date too quickly.

MooMinCow Sat 11-Mar-17 09:40:59

Thanks all. Will have a try on again and decide!

burnishedsilver Sat 11-Mar-17 10:50:17

I think it will look dated after maybe two years but not in 6 months time.

EmmaC78 Sat 11-Mar-17 13:27:56

I would buy it too. I like it and am not normally a fan of cold shouldered tops/dresses.

maggiethemagpie Sat 11-Mar-17 14:20:51

I think it is a trend that will look very dated, which is precisely why I've avoided the whole cold shoulder thing (apart from, living in a cold country, I don't really want to be cold!)

I tend to avoid trends, or at least the very obvious ones that will soon date. It just means your only getting one season or so out of the outfit so IMHO a waste of money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now