Talk

Advanced search

If you had £600 to spend on anything what would it be?

(28 Posts)
thestarryeyedsurprise Fri 10-Mar-17 07:35:35

My DP has secretly been stashing money away and has saved £600 for me. It's been abit of a shit year for me and he really wants me to treat myself. But I have no idea on what! There's two things that I am swaying between which is a leather jacket from all Saints or a tote bag. If you had £600 to spend on anything style beauty/related what would it be?

Catgirl83 Fri 10-Mar-17 07:41:08

That's really lovely of him. I'd spend it on a really good leather jacket, in a classic style that won't date.

ZaraW Fri 10-Mar-17 08:05:19

I'd love a Bao Bao Issey Miyake Prism bag.

MoroccoMaybe Fri 10-Mar-17 08:11:02

Holiday!

Scoose Fri 10-Mar-17 08:14:34

I'm. Or into leather jackets so I would definitely get a handbag

Floisme Fri 10-Mar-17 08:31:42

What a lovely thing to do. I'm going to say pretty much what I said on another thread very recently (yesterday?): wait until autumn, because spring/summer clothes don't really do it for me then hot foot it to Vivienne Westwood for one of her tailored jackets. I think they're genius; I could wear it smart or casual and I'd never have to chance to buy something like that normally. (I have a bad feeling £600 might not cover it but anyway...)

I'd look at vintage too - you could get something pretty special for £600.

JeffJarrett Fri 10-Mar-17 08:31:53

Aww, how lovely of him smile
Definitely the jacket! I bought myself one for my 30th 5 years ago and it's still going strong.

Floisme Fri 10-Mar-17 08:34:10

Sorry - if you're asking leather jacket or bag then jacket every time. I do think they date but they have a longer cycle than a lot of things and they sometimes come back.

thestarryeyedsurprise Fri 10-Mar-17 08:49:13

It doesn't have to be between those two! They were my only things that sprung to mind. I'd love a nice bag but I have a 20 month old and I can see it ruined with him.. he's spirited shall we say grin I want something that's a treat for me otherwise i will spend it on homewares! I've recently started a new job so I can probably add £100-£200 to the money pot grin

Loopytiles Fri 10-Mar-17 09:03:14

I would personally buy a lot of clothes rather than one expensive item.

imjessie Fri 10-Mar-17 09:12:57

You can both for that money , get the bales for £300 and buy a nice bag too , maybe a great used mulberry or something .

LiquoriceWheel Fri 10-Mar-17 09:24:55

That's so lovely of your DP!

If I had that money to spend on style or beauty, realistically, I'd get some decent shoes that are practical for my lifestyle (dull, I know). A pair of brilliant jeans and the rest of it on skin care.

AmberNectarine Fri 10-Mar-17 09:27:10

How lovely of him.

A nice piece of jewellery you can wear every day to remind you of this thoughtful act?

thestarryeyedsurprise Fri 10-Mar-17 09:33:25

Amber last night he got me a beautiful ring and for my birthday I got an engraved locket with my sons name on. Also when my sister died I got her ashes put into a ring so I already feel like I have a lot of jewellery if you see what I mean? *
I have been looking at some bags on eBay but I get so worried they won't be great condition when they arrive or it will be a fake or something!

thestarryeyedsurprise Fri 10-Mar-17 09:33:43

I meant last year not last night**

Gingerbreadmam Fri 10-Mar-17 09:35:41

some new uggs that fit, a pair or trainers, a decent leather / leather look biker jacket and then general shopping and maybe some pampering.

Truckingalong Fri 10-Mar-17 10:16:22

Botox and fillers.

PNGirl Fri 10-Mar-17 10:17:56

I have an All Saints Bales and it's a thing of beauty.

I'd get another Coach bag (for around 300) and a paler colour All Saints jacket, since mine is black.

StarUtopia Fri 10-Mar-17 10:20:47

God, you definitely don't buy off eBay

Go to Selfridges and have a mooch.

(although if it were me, £600 would be going on the rent sobs)

Happy shopping!

justanotheryoungmother Fri 10-Mar-17 10:23:33

Personally, I'd buy high-end makeup smile

allthelaundrywecannotsee Fri 10-Mar-17 10:39:55

What a lovely DP!

I read the tread title and immediately thought: All saints leather jacket!

At the moment I would also go somewhere very very nice and get a cut and colour with the change.

thestarryeyedsurprise Fri 10-Mar-17 10:43:56

Laundry the hair does sounds like a good idea. My hairdresser cocked up my balayage last week so it's looking pretty terrible at the moment. I think I may head to AllSaints tomorrow. I have a Silk shirt from there coming apart at the seams so I need a refund which would actually contribute £100 towards the jacket. My only worry is I'm 5'11" will my main length in my torso so I worry they may come up abit short for me.

leghoul Fri 10-Mar-17 13:46:39

Maxmara coat

leghoul Fri 10-Mar-17 13:46:53

Maxmara studio..

NapQueen Fri 10-Mar-17 13:49:10

Id buy a few things.

100 on a coat that I could wear to work/nights out rather than the usual parka I chuck on

150 on a north face waterproof

200 on tan leather boots (stupidly wide calves so yet to find any in usual shops that fit without gaping around the ankles)

300 on a handbag because I usually just buy them from Primark

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now